Eyes Half As Small? (photo)

hello,i had an under eye bleph with skin pinch 7 months ago.my eyes are very round and very small now. is there any way i can get them larger and back to the original shape? i asked my surgeon and he said the risk were too great and that perhaps with massage it may get better

Eyes Half As Small?

+1

Removing too much skin from the lower eyelid can cause lid malposition.  You should be evaluated by an occuloplastic surgeon.

Revisional canthoplasty

+1

Your surgeon may be correct but revisional canthoplasty may also help.  You should evaluation by an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye shape and blepharoplasty

+1

pre op photos would help me give a complete answer.  but without that let me say that when lower blephs are done an canthoplasty is needed sometimes.  this can pull the lower lid a little tighter and thus up.  this will make the eye seem smaller.  I have never seen it last 7 months, but is still worth waiting.  at least your lids are not pulled down.  that is a worse problem

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Need second opinion concerning aesthetic improvement of the eye area

+1

You would need a physical examination to understand if you need or would benefit from additional surgery.  You should have a clear goal of what you want to accomplish and seek a second opinion.  

My dad had a saying: when the butcher tells you the meat is bad, you should listen.

+1

You do seem to have had some type of an improvement of the lower eyelid but you have also paid a price for this improvement.  When a surgeon tells you that the risk of the surgery is too high, they are saying it is too high in their hands.  Looking at your before photos, the first thing that strikes me is your eyebrow position.  You have a very high eyebrows.  This suggest to me that you have a compensated ptosis of the upper eyelids.  This means that you reflexively lift the eyebrows to compensate for the upper eyelid ptosis.  The lower eyelid canthal procedure you have had in the past does not seem to have done what it is supposed to do.  Your lower eyelid is a bit cleaned up of spare skin but the lower lateral lid margin is now turned out.  Also it seems that there is stretch back of the canthal angle.  I thing this is also contributing to a bit more sag in the upper eyelids.  A careful assessment will determine the likely effect of ptosis surgery.  This needs to be done with great care to maintain an Asian character to the eyes.  I do not believe you will find this care in Monterey or the San Francisco bay area.  I think you will need to travel to Southern California to find what you are looking for.

Eyes Half As Small?

+1

The periorbital area appears more youthful after surgery.  An exam or more detailed pics would be necessary to determine potential for improvement.  Sometimes revising a surgery may not be the right thing.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Eye changes following a lower lid blepharoplasty

+1

rarely occur and I find it difficult to appreciate the concern you have about your post-op results.  You do need to see a surgeon and be able to clearly show what you wish to achieve and only then can a surgeon give you advice on what can or cannot be accomplished.  Personally, I think your results are quite good... but then I'm not studying the exact measurements of your lid to lid distance.

Curtis Wong, MD