I Have Symmastia and Want to Find a Surgeon in California to Do a Breast Revision, As Well As Put Larger Implants In? (photo)

I had my first breast aug in June 2010-450cc HP Saline filled to 480cc,under muscle-symmastia occurred. 2nd surgery- March 2011=425cc HP Silicone OVER the muscle,to allow everything to heal. I want to put the implants back under the muscle and go with a larger implant, that would give me more "side boob" and leave a nice gap in the cleavage area. I just want to find a surgeon in CA that will do the internal bra/sutures, capsulorraphy on the outer sides of breasts and put in a larger implant.

I Have Symmastia and Want to Find a Surgeon in California

+1
Although your pictures do not demonstrate symmastia, significant breast asymmetry related to breast implant displacement ( both inferior and medial) is present. capsulorraphy techniques will likely be helpful to improve your breast symmetry. The use of internal sutures will help improve the positioning of the breast implants on your chest wall, thereby improving breast symmetry and positioning of the nipple/areola complexes on each breast mound. Most importantly, select your plastic surgeon carefully and ask to see lots of examples of his/her work helping patients in your situation. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery, helpful to you. Best wishes.

Larger breast implants? Symmastia?

+1

Based on the pictures you have provided, it does not appear that you have symmastia.  I do question your desire to go larger.  If you choose to do so, you may get symmastia.  Revisional surgery is never pleasant for anyone.  You should definitely visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with revisions of the breast.  Good luck.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Symmastia and desire to larger?

+1

Your photos following your second procedure do not show symmastia but your intermammary distance is on the  low side.  Most patients would be pleased at this juncture.  What is your expectation that was not met?  If you want more fullness laterally, that is simple to accomplish.  If you want more space between your implants, that is more challenging, especially if you wish to increase the size of your implants at the same time.  Most doctors can provide what you ask for but I've always found it best to work with your surgeon as much as possible because I know he/she wants the best result for you and by their being there intraoperatively, it gives them a better idea of what to expect when they return. 

Curtis Wong, MD

I Have Symmastia and Want to Find a Surgeon in California to Do a Breast Revision, As Well As Put Larger Implants In?

+1

I really do not think you have symmastia as it is not seen on your posted photos . Best to obtain many in person consults 

Symmastia and implant revision

+1

Correcting symmasti can be complicated, and puttting larger implants in is probaly not a good idea because your implants are already squeezing to the midline.

Not a good plan in complicated breast situation

+1

Revisionary breast surgery especially with a history of symmastia is very complicated, not a menu you can just order whatever you want from.  Your below the muscle pocket is a place not to go at this point.  Going larger will also add risks of recurrent symmastia.  If you look hard enough, somebody in CA will tell you what you want to hear, but it would be much wiser to leave well enough alone IMO.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS