Searching for a Doctor Who Can Fix my Ugly Nose? Round, Flat Nose. (photo)

My nose has been an issue for me and every since I've been younger rhinoplasty has always been something that I've considered....now that I'm older I'm in desperate need to fix my nose...based on pictures I've seen my nose is somewhat rare and was just wondering if its even possible to fix my nose...My nose if round and flat and I've been wondering if its possible to fix my nose and it still appear natural. would greatly appreciate help

Rhinoplasty for bulbous flat tip

+1

The bulbous tip is treated with suturing techniques to narrow the tip cartilages and most likely a cartilaginous strut graft or tip graft Will be needed to give more projection and a more pointed  tip. An alar plasty will help narrow the nostrils while osteotomies will narrow the bridge line. The thick skin  present over the tip of the nose will be an impediment to seeing full results

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Thicker skin noses tricky

+1

I agree that most docs will tell you that you need cartilage. But cartilage not always completely predictable and more complicated. If the skin is thinned and the cartilage you do have (that is making the tip bulky) is not over reduced, and the nostrils are made smaller correctly, you can get a nice improvement in a predictable way. You definitely need someone with a lot of experience. Good luck.

Strength is the key

+1

You are very beautiful as you are! But if you would like to refine your nose make sure you see someone who does structural rhinoplasty. With a thicker skin envelope you need to have cartilage grafts to help refine the tip and bridge. Otherwise if it is made smaller WITHOUT structure you will end up with a shapeless nose.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Searching for a Doctor Who Can Fix my Ugly Nose? Round, Flat Nose.

+1

You need a surgeon who specializes in African American noses. It may take two operations to attain the result you describe. 

Round, flat nose?

+1

Your nose requires cartilage grafting in order to raise the profile and make it look narrower. Deprnding of the amount of tissue needed and the desired goal, your surgeon can use cartilage from your nose, your ear or your rib. The tip will need some suture refinement and likely some tip grafting and an alar base reduction will narrow the nostril base. A very nice and natural result can be obtained. Make sure your surgeon shows you similar results to what you expect to achieve. Best of luck.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a round and flat nose

+1

Dear karringtonsmommy,

1. A nose like yours requires extra cartilage grafting to get a result you will love
  2. You should see a someone who does a lot of rhinoplasty (not the occasional one) in order to get a natural looking result
  3. Look at before and after pictures with other patients that have a similar nose
  4. Your nose is complex enough that it warrants special attention to get a great result - Dr. Toriumi is one of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the world and his office is in Chicago

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/african-american-rhinoplasty.html

AA rhinoplasty for a prettier nose

+1

AA rhinoplasty for a prettier nose is possible by narrowing the bridge, the tip and the base while making a natural nose. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural AA noses. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

RHinoplasty to refine your nose may require graft material. But because your tissues look a bit thick, you may not achieve as much refinement as you are looking for.