3 weeks Post Op Size. Will I drop much more? (Photo)

I'm 3 weeks post op with 385cc Silcone HP unders && want to know if I still have a lot more dropping to do && also a little concerned about my size. I wanted to be a D but measuring a 34dd. I don't feel too big thou. Just wondering if my size will change much more. I was a 34a/b pre op. I'm 5'3 107lbs very petite.

Implant size

+1
It is likely that your implants will drop slightly and that you will be a 34D with the 385 cc implants.  You will see your final result approximately six months after surgery. Good luck.

3 weeks Post Op Size. Will I drop much more?

+1
Congratulations on your surgery!  Implants can take anywhere from 3-6 months to drop so at just 3 weeks post-op, I would expect that your implants will drop more and start filling out toward the bottom portion of your breasts.  Although most of your swelling should be gone, everyone is different so you may still be a bit swollen, but from your photo, you don't appear to be a DD.  Keep in mind that bra manufacturers are all different with how they size so go get measured at several different stores but wait another few months before investing in expensive purchases.  Continue going to your follow up visits with your surgeon and following post-op instructions.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dropping of Implant #breastimplants

+1
Oh yes. You will drop over the first 3 months or more. Some surgeons would give you an elastic band to wear across the top of the breasts to help encourage them to drop. But you are very early in the post operative stage. They will certainly drop more.

Richard J. Brown, MD

You will drop

+1
and you don't appear as a DD cup.  Bra manufactures don't have stringent guidelines so I advise my patients to focus on the look that they want and not an arbitrary cup size.  Your early results look great so keep your surgeon informed and work towards the best result possible.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will my breast implants drop more?

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  3 weeks out is still very early.  There will be many changes over the upcoming weeks as the skin and muscle stretch out.  You can still have some residual swelling of the tissues that will resolve as well.  Continue to be patient, stay in close contact with your surgeon and he or she will help guide you through the post operative changes. 
Best of luck

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1
You still have some swelling at this point in my experience.  Therefore, your breast size will be change a bit more.  Also remember that bra sizes are very inconsistent from one maker/brand to the next and are very unreliable.  Your results look good so far.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1
Looks in good position now but the size was too small for a d cUP!!! I would recommend at least a 450 cc or more... 

Implant position at 3 weeks

+1
Although your implants are likely to settle some over the next few weeks the size is unlikely to change much.  If you are happy with the look forget about the cup size.  It is less important.  Looks like a nice result in a happy patient.  Be sure to write a nice review for your surgeon.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Progress

+1
Your implants will continue to change (all for the better) in the next several months. Right now they are still somewhat higher and tighter than they ultimately will be.  Try to be patient and they will continue to look better each day

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Need to see your prep photo to help understand where you started the process

+1
Yes it is very early and the implants are still a little high.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS