Are Sculptra Results Dependant on Physician or Dilution Time?

I had my third treatment of sculptra (5 vials total) five weeks ago. Yet, I see no improvement. With my first 2 sessions (2 vials & 1 vial) both performed with a different doctor, I saw results within four weeks. These last two vials were performed with a different doctor and the sculptra was diluted for several days before I went in. Can results vary with injector or dilution time? Should I assume the first injector I had was better?

Sculptra takes time and is physician-dependent

+1

It would be interesting to know your age and what the degree of facial volume loss you have experieinced.  Younger patients take fewer vials to stimulate collagen growth, while older , very thin, or even very athletic patients may have more modest results in my experience.  As a physician trainer ( I have trained over 30 plastic surgeons and dermatologists how to use the product), I appreciate the results are very technique dependent.  It is common knowledge within aesthetic/cosmetic circles that longer reconstitution times, greater reconstitution times, and greater depth of injection leads to a lower incidence of side effects, comparable to other "filler" agents.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra is a very specialized product

+1

Sculptra is a very specialized product, and the results are very physician dependent. A trained Sculptra physician will dilute the product usually somewhere between 6 & 10 cc’s. The technique and the dilution time will depend on the experience and know-how of the physician. Ideally you want it diluted at least a day ahead of time. Doctors who do Sculptra every day dilute it ahead of time and keep it ready for their daily injections as we do.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

The number of days that the Sculptra was allowed to sit after mixing should not interfere with the result, in fact, it may help the product be administered more smoothly. It's unusual to get a response in four weeks. Give it time, you may see beautiful results a few months after the third treatment.

It usually takes at least six weeks to begin to see the results of Sculptra

+1

Sculptra is a "stimulatory filler" and as such will take time to act.

It is my impression that if patients are loosing weight they will respond more slowly or even not respond visually to Sculptra as well as patients who are at a steady weight.

Also, patients who exercise a great deal seem to need more product and sessions to achieve a good result.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon