Can I Get Scupltra 1 Month After Radiesse To Add Volume To Face?

At my consultation my dermatologist wanted to use sculptra to restore volume to my face. I wanted more immediate results, so I chose radiesse instead. While I see a difference in my face from the radiesse, I think I would like to try sculptra to see if I can get more volume than I have from the radiesse. Being that I just recieved the radiesse treatments a month ago, would it be too soon to start the sculptra treatments?

Radiesse and Sculptra are quite compatible

+2

I often combine Radiesse and Sculptra treatments, even on the same day, as I feel they each have certain advantages, when properly used, to fix specific problems due to volume loss. Radiesse is gel-based and gives instant results that last one to two years. It works best for cheeks, nasolabial folds, marionette lines and the jaw line. Sculptra is water based so it is easier to place more diffusely underneath the skin. The results are very gradual and take several treatments to see improvement but then will last for many years. Sculptra also works well in the cheeks and temples. It is my preferred treatment for fine lines throughout the lower face. My patients love the instant results from Radiesse and then enjoy the delayed, long-term results of Sculptra.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

I see no reason that Sculptra couldn't be added to the same area where Radiesse was placed a month ago.  Facial Shaping and Contouring does require an understanding and ability of the MD doing the injections to follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Radiesse and Sculptra injections

+2

Actually, the two are an ideal couple.  Radiesse giving you some instant gratification and Sculptra the all over volume.  Remember to be patient with the Sculptra injections. It takes several treatments and several months to see results.  Best to you.  

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse versus Sculptra

+2

Yes, it is okay to have Sculptra one month after Radiesse.  Both are good fillers, but each has different uses.  Radiesse is great for defining the cheeks by laying the product against the cheek bones (kind of like an injectable implant).  Sculptra is great for generalized volume enhancement.  Radiesse has immediate results, while Sculptra takes some time to grow and usually requires several treatments.  However, once you achieve your goal with Sculptra, the results should last over two years.  I hope this is helpful.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Radiesse and Sculptra can be combined

+1
I often use more than one filler on the same visit.  Sculptra gradually restores facial volume and the effects last up to two years.  I love Sculptra but sometimes patients needs Restylane or Juvederm added as well during the first visit to give them some immediate facial filling.  That way you have immediate gratification and improvement and gradual improvement over several months as well.  Please find a board certified Dermatologist with a great deal of experience in the art of facial injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

Sculptra and Radiesse work well together

+1

Radiesse can provide localized, immediate volume enhancement - such as defining the cheekbones, or reducing the deepening "parentheses" or grooves between the nose and mouth.

Sculptra can provide a more general, and progressive collagen enhancement to the face, and help restore the more oval contours of youth.

They work well together and there is not a concern with respect to their timing. 

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler combinations

+1

It is common to use a combination of fillers either during a single treatment session or at different sessions. Often fillers are placed at different depths/levels in the skin, and also vary based on the part of the face treated. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Sculptra and Radiesse combination for the face.

+1

The two substances can be used to increase volume to the face.  They can be layered, and are often used this way.  Each has its advantages and (slight) drawbacks.  Best to speak at length with your injector as to what might work best for you.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Filler Treatments with Sculptra Injections...

+1

It is completely acceptable to get treated now with Sculptra.  In my office my PA's typically combine filler treatments with Sculptra.  Patients get the best of both worlds then.... instant gratification and long term volumization! 

Hope this helps. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Sculptra 1 month after Radiesse

+1

Like many others who replied, I use both of these products for my patients.  I like Radiesse injected deeply OR to treat specific lines such as the naso-labial folds, and I like Sculptra for overall volume restoration.  I see no reason why you can't proceed with Sculptra 1 month after receiving Radiesse.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon