Sculptra or What For Lines From Eyes to Cheeks?

I have lines extending from corner of my eye to mid cheek area.I have tried Radiesse,Perlane with no help.I have mid cheek hollowness which I think by improving that these lines will become less visible;would Scuptra help. What is the correct ratio for diluting it;how long is the vial good for once mixed.Thanks a million.

Sculptra Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. We add 9cc 0.9 Saline,  per vial, and a little (0.5cc) lidocaine is included for anesthesia.  We have been very successful with this formula and have had virtually no issues with post Sculptra injections.  Sculptra is ideal for mid cheek volume depletion, provided you are willing to get enough vials injected for your problem. Se a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist for your injection or qualified personnel. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Scuptra Line, Hollowness

+1

Sculptra is a very good treatment to restore volume in areas of "hollowness" but, it is not the proper product to correct lines.   It is best to be evaluated by an experienced physician to discuss your options.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra For Cheek Lines

+1

These lines are typically not as successfully relaxed with neuromodulators, as they are due from volume loss in the lateral cheek fat pad.  I do use Sculptra commonly to volumize the cheeks, with great success in softening the resulting lines that form along the cheeks. Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment.  It is difficult to really assess without seeing you in person.

Sam Naficy, MD

Treatment for lid-cheek transition/nasojugal groove

+1

It sounds like you are describing the "tear trough" area (nasojugal groove).  Since the skin here can be quite thin, Sculptra is not a great option for treating this area.  Restylane and Belotero (hyaluronic acids) work very well for softening this transition area.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Sculptra Use

+1

The lines you are describing usually are the result of  volume loss, sometimes with a genetic predisposition and a lot of sun and weather exposure. (Think cowboys faces when they are smiling).

If you have enough fat on your body somewhere that you want to get rid of (say love handles, or lower abdomen) a fat transfer might be a good solution.

Sculpra also works well, but works the best when there is something to stimulate, so a fuller face stimulates better than a really thin one, (but it can still be done).

Nothing gives a more natural result than Sculptra, in my experience.

The problems with Sculptra are usually not dissolving it for too long, but rather, for not long enough.

Please don't try to inject yourself, and don't have a "rookie" inject you.  Your result is just as dependent on the skill of your injector as it is on the injectable.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for lines from eyes to cheeks.

+1

If your main concern are the lines themselves, then it's possible that Botox could help or using a superficial filler like Belotero.  Laser resurfacing can also help with superficial lines.  If you have some cheek hollowness, then a filler like Sculptra can help with that.  If the lines you have cross over into the hollow area, then sometimes improving the hollow area can lead to some improvement in the lines there as the area inflates.  There is not a single correct ratio to use for diluting Sculptra, as each physician may have a particular preference.  Once the vial is mixed, the manufacturer states that it can be used for up to 72 hours.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

LINES - LASERS OR BOTOX FAT AND FOUNDATION -FILLERS

+1

You are looking in the wrong direction.  Surface lines respond poorly to fillers.  The filler just lifts the wrinkle.  You usually need something to either quiet the wrinkle (Botox) or iron it out (Lasers usually fractional now)                                   Dr. Mayl Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon