I Had Too Much Sculptra a Year Ago

It is now 10 months since my last sculptra and I hate the over-filled result. I have been worried by 2 doctors on this site saying that the result can be permanent. And a third doctor said 7 years. Is this really possible? Might I be stuck like this for many years? Thank you.

Sculptra effects are not permanent.

+1

Sculptra is the only injectable on the market that acts as a dermal stimulator. So it does not fill an area instead it stimulates the skin to grow thicken with more collagen production. Unfortunately this effect on collagen production and subsequent thickening is only temporary and typically lasts 2-5 years.

Sculptra is not Permanent

+1

Sculptra is gradually degraded into water and carbon dioxide over approximately 9 to 24 months. Newly formed collagen remains and the cosmetic augmentation has been noted to last up to at least 24 months. It will not be permanent. So all you can do is wait for Sculptra to resolve on its own.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Longevity

+1

Hello Daffy,

Sculptra is a temporary volumizing agent made of long chains of sugar molecules (lactic acid) that form fine crystals that dissolve over the course of a year or two.  I agree with Dr. Prendiville and your results should deminish with time over the next year.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Sculptra Longevity

+1

Although pictures would be helpful in this case, it is a well known fact that the results of Sculptra are long lasting but not permanent.  I would expect that the volume you currently see will diminish over the course of the next year.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon