Better to Start with One Vial of Sculptra?

I'm considering Sculptra. My dermatologist recommended 2 vials for the first treatment. My face is thin but I don't want to over do it, is it better to start with one vial?

Sculptra Dilution Critical

+2

It is more important to have a well diluted (10ml) vial of Sculptra than the number of vials.

Even 2 vials can be safely administered.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.net

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is no set rule

+2

I have been doing Sculptra a long time, and have never had a patient need less than two vials. Most need 3-6, depending on their age, their immune response to the PLLA, and the severity of their photoaging. Even so, I often do one vial at a time, especially in patients under 40. For those over 50, I usually start with two vials. It is always easier to add than subtract with fillers and neuromodulators. I'd go with your doctor's recommendation. After all she/he knows your full case the best.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Follow your dermatologist recommendation for two Sculptra vials

+2

We never do less than two vials and often more at the initial treatment when using Sculptra or Sculptra Aesthetic (same product - different box).

We have used Sculptra since its introduction in the U.S.

We have found that if you do not com mitt to sufficient material, you will not like the result. It is not a product you try a small amount to see if you like it - you will not like a small amount because it does not work in small amounts.

We have never had a patient who has had too much Sculptra and have use as much as five vials at the initial treatment.

Your dermatologist is right in wanting you to start with enough"stuff" that you begin to fill the envelope.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

One or two vials of Sculptra

+2

I fully understand your concern of not "over doing it".

As long as you understand that using one vial may be insufficient for the effect you want, there is NO reason why you should not have the Sculptra administered in 2 stages to allow you to see the intermediate result. Your Dermatologist should not have a problem with this approach.

Sculpta and Vials

+1
If you are concerned that your face is thin then there is nothing wrong with starting with 1 vial of Sculptra.  I often use just one vial, especially since it is the first time.  You cannot correct Sculptra if too much product is injected so go with your instincts and take time and see the results in 4 to 6 weeks.  You can always have more product injected.  I believe in being conservative for the best cosmetic results.

More than 1 vial of Sculptra is common

+1

It's common in the first injection, but it's okay to take it slow as well if you're more comfortable with that. 1-2 vials is typically used in the first injection session. Immediate effects from these injections disappear in a day or two after the swelling goes down. The second injection session is usually 6-8 weeks later. You will likely not begin to see the results of Sculptra until after the 2nd session.

Having only one vial in the first treatment session will mean that you're a bit slower getting to the results, but it's perfectly okay to do that if you're more comfortable with it. It really depends on which areas, how many areas, and how much you would like treated.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

I would recommend to follow the injectors determination of what you need. But if you are concerned, go see other injectors to get their opinions. Regards.

Sculptra: how many doses at first setting?

+1

It is highly unlikely that one vial will overdo it. Scultpra typically requires more than one treatment so it is inevitable that you will get more than 1 vial.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.