Spacing Sculptra Treatments?

I had Sculptra 5 weeks ago (2 vials), and can see positive changes in my face. Should I wait a little longer before my next treatment? How do I know when it is done growing?

Spacing Sculptra Injections

+1
Depending on the amount of Sculptra injected at each time I wait four to six weeks between injections.  If more than one vial was injected I wait six weeks since you do not want to over correct the treated area.  It is important to find a board certified Dermatologist who is experienced in facial injections for the best cosmetic result.

Sculptra

+1

That's great that you are seeing results this soon after your initial treatment.  I usually have my patients return in about 6 weeks for an evaluation and possible second treatment.  In most cases, a second treatment is recommended.  

Sam Naficy, MD

I am so glad that you are seeing a positive response...

+1

I am so glad that you are seeing a positive response already! Usually I have my patient come back in 4-8 weeks after the first treatment to re-evaluate and see where we are. Most people need at least 2 treatments to appreciate an effective response, but if you are already happy with your improvement then that is great. I like to wait at least 6 weeks before adding more product as the is a risk of overdoing it otherwise. The Sculptra does tend to increase in effect over time, but minimally so at this point. You likely have seen a majority of the correction that will occur by now from the first tretament only. Remember - it never hurts to wait and asI tell my patients, "we can always add more, but it is hard if not impossible to take out if we do too much"!

Brian S. Glatt, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Ready for a second helping

+1

Nancyann,

I am happy to hear that you can appreciate the response of your collagen to the Sculptra. At 6 weeks, most patients are ready for a second treatment. This would depend on how you look. At each treatment your doctor should be bringing you only up to the correction that you desire, i.e. don't overcorrect. If you think that you are at that correction at the 6 week point after only one treatment, then you should just wait until you need a touch up, which may be 24 months from now. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

You could undergo more treatments if you desire.

+1

The fibrosis surrounding the sculptra generally take about 6 weeks to form. For you, that should be about now. Depending on your aesthetic desires, you could undergo more treatment if you desire. Soem patients undergo as many as 5 or 6 vials, but this depends on the severity of your condition and your goals.

4-6 weeks after the first, do 1-2 vials more, then wait at least 3 months

+1

Better slow and cautious. The general recommendation is to wait 4-6 weeks after the first treatment before the second session is performed. Of course, your dermatologist or plastic surgeon will make the call depending on your unique needs. HIV positive patients can be treated more aggressively than immune-competent patients. Younger patients should space the sessions out more than older patients. (Be sure to massage after each session.) The only granulomas I have seen are in patients over-treated for their needs, or injected too superficially, so go to an ethical and experienced physician.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

You are off to a good start.

+1

Sculptra will improve for even beyound 8 weeks.

We typically plan for more than one injection session and frequently do the second at app 6-8 weeks depending on the patients response.

Patients that need less usually respond more quickly than the face which has lost a lot of fat and of course take less material.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon