Can Sculptra Be Used Successfully After Facial Fat Grafting?

I underwent Facial Fat Grating about 3 months ago and was very pleased with the results. The PS said he was "fairly aggressive" with how much fat he injected because I am thin and he said there tends to be more absorption in people with a high metabolism. I did absorb a fair amount especially around the eyes. The PS said he does not recommend another fat transfer but said he has had good results with using sculptra to get back to the volume I want in various areas. Is this safe?

Do not recommend Sculptra around the eyes.

+2

Sculptra for the most part, should be avoided around the eyes. The thinner the skin, or the more superficial the injection, the higher the risk of nodules that may be visible or certainly palpable.

If you do not want further fat injections, which is not contraindicated, then Restylane or Juvederm around the eyes is much safer.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra should not be injected under the eyes

+2

If you and your surgeon decide on Sculptra, it should not be injected around the eyes since it can cause nodules there.  Restylane would be a good choice for filler under the eyes.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fat transfer

+2

Dear Ethan,

-Sculptra is a synthetic filler for the face that works when your body heals around the particles

-I wouldn't put it around the eyes because it may cause nodule formation, especially if it is injected too close to the skin surface.

-Fat resorption after fat transfer is not uncommon especially in thin people.  In their consultation, if the patient has a very thin face, I let them know that there is a 50-50 chance that they would need more fat

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Fat transfer to the face

+1

Fat transfer to the face again is the ideal filler to the face........................................