Sculptra: What Can I So to Speed Up Production of Collagen? 2 Vials in 6 Weeks and No Results Yet.

Is it normal to have had 2 vails in 6 weeks and not notice much yet? Why am I slower to respond than others?

Be patient with Sculptra

+2

Having used Sculptra for 7 years, and seeing wonderful results, I can now counsel my patients that there is always a consistently good result if one is patient.  We ask our patients to commit to 3 vials (one vial every 4 weeks) because it will take at least a month after the third injection to start seeing results. After that, the patient  decides if she/he wants more. My average amount for each patient is 6 vials (injections), but I have gone up to 12 vials in volume depleted patients. We can't tell how fast or slow one will build collagen in response to Sculptra, but we do know that it lasts over 3 years, the results should always look natural, and the side effects are extremely few if proper injection techniques are used by the doctor. Hang in there, be patient, and 6 weeks after another treatment, compare your pre-treatment pictures. The likelihood is you will have a smile on your face.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+2

Sculptra is different from other fillers in the way that it actually works with your body to produce your own collagen, since everyone produces collagen at different rates, its unrealistic to compare your results against another persons.  Usually pts need 1-2 vials per treatment spaced 4-6 weeks apart.  Most will not see results until 3 to 4 treatments. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long before the results of Sculptra are seen?

+1

I am assuming the 2 vials you had were a single treatment session? One treatment with Sculptra is not enough to see improvement - you need at least 2 or 3 to create the improved collagen. Different people respond to Sculptra differently, but in general, one treatment session will not lead to notable, long term results.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Sculptra Results Take Time

+1

Sculptra is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Little to no result is usually seen after the first treatment. Sculptra causes an increase in volume that is extremely gradual, starting 3 months after the first injection and achieving a maximum effect at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. I usually recommend a minimum of two or three treatments, each four to six weeks apart. After your treatment series, the final result takes many months to appear but should last for years.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra helps restore your body's own natural collagen

+1

The beauty of Sculptra treatments is that the effect is gradual, natural and lasting. Because it is restoring your body's own natural collagen, it takes time to see results, but i urge you to be patient because you don't want to over treat. it takes about 6-12 weeks for the collagen formation. Some people need more than two vials for optimal correction, and your doctor will be able to help guide you as to whether you need more or if you need another product to complement and enhance the results

Doris Day, MD

Sculptra works over several months rather than weeks

+1

Sculptra is a great product that can dramatically improve facial contouring when used appropriately. However, as opposed to other fillers, it works over several months rather than several weeks. Most patients need 3 vials spaced 4-6 weeks apart (at least 3 months) before they begin to see results. It's not surprising that at 6 weeks, results are not yet apparent. Fortunately, though, the results last longer once they occur. Sometimes, the best things are worth waiting for.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

Everyone responds differently and typically it takes 2-3 treatments to see results.  However, this is something you should discuss with your surgeon. 

Kimberly Lee, MD