Is Sculptra Safe?

I am travelling to the united states for 12 weeks. I have lost over 3 stone in weight. my face has become full on wrinkles and would like to have Sculptra done when Im in US. Is Sculptra safe and what is the cost of the treatment per session?

Yes, and effective if you go to a trained physician

+3

Sculptra is safe and extremely effective for long-term contouring and filling of the face. However, it is extremely important that the physician you choose to inject this product is well trained. This is because the product is unlike other dermal fillers and therefore an untrained physician injecting it could cause irreversible damage to your face.

The good news is the company that makes Sculptra is great about training physicians on the specificities of injecting the product and they are very strict about only selling the product to those trained physicians. Their website www.sculptraaesthetic.com is an excellent source to find one of these physicians in your area. You can also learn more at my personal Sculptra website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra for facial filling

+2

Sculptra is different from fillers. It is a volumizer that works as a seed. We implant the Sculptra and watch your body's response by it developing your own natural collagen. Most patients will need between one and two vials injected, and repeated in six weeks for a second treatment and a third treatment often six weeks after the second. The price can range considerably depending on the city in which the physician is located, and the amount of the Sculptra used.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra is relatively safe, but requires multiple sessions

+2

Sculptra is a relatively safe injectable when performed correctly by an experienced practitioner using limited volumes per session. Of course, any injectable carries risks such as bruising, slight pain, and a small chance of infection. Sculptra carries the additional risk of nodule formation, so it's important to see an experienced injecting physician.

Sculptra is a great filler for facial volume loss, and will ultimately obtain better results for pan-facial volume restoration than hyaluronic acid fillers. However, it works differently in that multiple sessions are required, spaced out around 4-6 weeks apart. You might be able to get 2-3 sessions while here in the U.S., but it would be better to have a physician who can follow you and treat you once you have returned home outside of the U.S.

The costs vary, but one can expect a price of around $700 - $1000 per vial, with 2 vials usually used per session, and 3-5 sessions necessary.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Welcome to the States...Sculptra is a safe and effective treatment to stimulate your own

+1

collagen production...it works unlike a filler which gives instant but much less durable results...it takes several months for the benefits of sculptra to appear and then they continue to add improvement over the next several months...as with any procedure see a reputable doctor and be conservative...prices varies considerably depending on location, doctor, expertise, etc...

Ken Landow, MD

Sculptra is Safe for injections

+1
I would love to have seen your photo to see how your facial "stone" loss.  If there is a great deal of extra skin you might require a face lift to correct your facial wrinkles.  If the main problem is the loss of volume, then Sculptra is the ideal product.  You will need at least two injections, spaced 6 weeks apart to maximize your results.  One to two vials will need to be injected into each side of your face.  After 6 weeks, Sculptra will produce collagen in your own body and you will achieve the volume that you want.  The cost varies from State to State and the experience of the injector.  Sculptra is not a commodity and looking only for the "best price" can leave you very dissappointed with the results.  Sculptra is safe but it is important to find an experienced injector for this procedure who is board certified with years of cosmetic dermatology experience.

Michele S. Green, MD

Sculptra safety

+1

Isabell, I think that Sculptra is safe enough to have it in my own face and highly recommend it for others that can benefit from it. As discussed, it is a process and not a one time deal so be prepared to have someone at home continue your treatment unless you travel to USA frequently. It is very important that whoever you choose is well trained as this product takes more skill than do some and lasts a lot longer. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Sculptra Safety in Ireland

+1

Isabell, You can have Sculptra in Ireland. It is called NewFill. The safety of the material has been assured by the CE mark in Europe and The FDA in the USA.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Scultpra treatments in the USA for sunken and hollow cheeks

+1

Sculptra has generally been shown to be safe and is approved by the FDA for conditions similar to yours. However, it generally requires several treatments and you should be prepared to idnetify a practitioner who is willing to continue your treatments if necessary upon your return to Ireland.