Can Sculptra Be Removed?

I had 2 Sculptra treatments and have developed several nodules inside my cheeks. Can these nodules be removed?

Sculptra Nodules

+2

Sculptra nodules can be excised from the cheeks. If they are close to the inside then an inside the mouth incision can be used. More commonly the approach is easier through the cheek skin. In this case you will have an incision on the skin. So you are trading a nodule for a scar. If the nodules are not visible to an observing eye then I would recommend you leave it alone. With time (1 to 3 years) the nodules should disappear on their own. You have to always remind yourself that nodules are not dangerous just annoying. You can also have your physician try some Kenalog and /or 5-FU injections to see if it helps.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nodules after Sculptra

+1

Your cosmetic surgeon can offer you a few different options for the nodules. Excision via an incision in the mouth, steroid injections into the nodule, or massage and time. Which would be best for you depends on a variety of factors.

Web reference: http://www.drpelias.com

New Orleans General Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation for possible removal of any sculptra nodules.  Instead of surgically excising the nodule, a steroid injection may help.

Sculptra nodules

+1

While nodules are uncommon after a Sculptra treatment, they can occur. With proper technique and massaging of the area after treatment, the risk is minimized. However, in your case, I would follow up with your treating physician. They may recommend a conservative treatment, such as a steroid injection. 

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra nodules

+1

If you haven't already, I would return to your treating physician so that he or she can evaluate the nodules you have after your Sculptra treatments.  It's helpful to know how long ago you had your Sculptra treaments also.  If you do have nodules that were a result of the Sculptra, there sometimes are treatments that can be done to reduce or eliminate them.  The nodules do tend to go away with time, but if they are bothersome because they are visible, then I have found that a steroid injection into the nodules can help to take them away. 

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon