Is It Possible to Tell How Much Sculptra is Needed if There Are Already Fillers Present?

Is there any harm in having sculptra used within 3-6 months after filler injections?

Sculptra and combination of other Fillers

+1
I often use a combination of fillers when I inject the face.  Restylane and Juvederm can be filled in nasolabial areas and Sculptra used for volumizing such as the temples, mid-face (cheeks), and jowels.  Since Sculptra builds up gradually it can be used in combination nicely with some of these other hyaluronic acid fillers.  It is important to find a board certified Dermatologist who has experience in facial injections.

It may depend on what kind of filler is present

+1

It may depend on what kind of filler is present, but a doctor with experience injecting Sculptra should be able to determine how much Sculptra is needed in any case.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tell how much Sculptra is needed

+1

It is OK to use Sculptra after fillers since it is a stimulator of collagen growth. The amount depends upon the result you are seeking. At least 3 sessions are required over a 9 week treatment time in my opinion. But photos could help.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Sculptra and other fillers

+1

It is not uncommon for different fillers to be used at the same time. Sculptra, a volumizer, acts like a seed to "grow" your own collagen as a response to the product injected into the fatty layer under the dermis. Other fillers, such as the hyaluronic acids, Juvederm and Restylane, can be injected immediately above this plane to fill in specific creases. The Sculptra might be placed only in the cheeks and the fillers in the smile folds but the Juvederm and Restylane could be layered on top of the Sculptra, but can be injected at a later date after seeing the improvement from the Sculptra.

Ronald Shelton, MD