Sculptra lump or injection irritation.

Is it possible to have a lump from Sculptra occurring one week after injection? I have a red and raised area on temple one week after a treatment.

Sculptra Lump

+1
If there is a small lump after the injection it is best to massage the treated area and return to your treating physician to get examined.  You can get a small infection or a granuloma at the injection site.

Sculptra lump or injection irritation.

+1
It is unusual to have a bump occur a week after the Sculptra injections. I would suggest making an appointment with your doctor to have the bump checked out. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Expectations after Sculptra treatment

+1
Nodules from Sculptra injections typically take a few weeks to develop.  Best to follow up with your physician for an in-person evaluation to determine the best treatment for the area.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Sculptra lump or injection irritation?

+1
Without examining you or seeing pictures of you, it is difficult to know what might be causing the lump on your temple one week after a Sculptra treatment.  It would be unusual to develop a bump from the Sculptra as soon as a week after treatment.  Normally those types of bumps take at least a month to develop.  It is possible to have a bit of a bump at an injection site, but normally this would go down within a week.  My best advice would be to contact the physician who treated you so that you can be evaluated in person.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon