Can Sculptra and Juvaderm Be Injected in Face on Different Locations?

My doctor told me that i can't be injected now with sculptra because i have been recently injected with Juvederm. My doctor told i have to wait about 5 months, because of some kind of interaction between both fillers.I didn't really understand what he was trying to say.

Can someone tell me more about this, because it seems like a lot of people are injected with both. Or is my doctor maybe too cautious ?

Sculptra with Juvederm

+3

Physicians with experience using a wide variety of injectable fillers and volumizing substances are generally comfortable treating with more than one filler at a time. In fact, this is often necessary since different fillers are better for treating different areas of the face.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra and Juvederm do not interact and can be injected in the same face

+3

Sculptra and Juvederm do not interact and can be injected in the same face. Juvederm is a component of collagen adn sculptra is a biostimulant which induces fibroblasts to make collagen.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Juvederm and Sculptra can be used together.

+3

There is no known interaction between Sculptra and Juvederm that I have encountered.  I like to use Juvederm in the lips while using Sculptra in the chin, cheeks and temple region. I inject both products at the same time but not in the same place.  Sculptra is done first, we then thoroughly massage the area.  Juvederm is then injected into the lips and not massaged.  One of the great things about multiple injectables is that you can tailor treatment to patients needs.  

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm with Sculprtra on the same day

+3

Juvederm and Sculptra are not the same type of products and work completely different ways. Since Juverderm causes immediate correction of the wrinkle and Sculptra works to add overall volume to the face they can be used at the same time as long as the injector understands the dynamics of each product.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

BestTreatment for Injecting Sculptra After Juvederm Injections

+3

Hi www,

Dot.  Juvederm and Sculptra may be injected at the same time, but usually in different areas of the face.  We frequently inject Sculptra to the face, but not in the lips or too close to the mouth, and not in the glabella (lines between the eye brows).  In those patients who would benefit from volume in their lips, perioral area, and glabella, we then inject Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse depending on what the individual patient needs.

Your physician likely does not wish to inject Sculptra in the area where Juvederm has already been injected for fear of over correction, or wants to have you at your baseline facial volume before embarking on your Sculptra journey.  Depending on the individual patient, and when they were last injected with Juvederm, we are many times comfortable adding Sculptra to patients who previously had Juvederm.

Most importantly, choose your injecting physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Beverly Hills Juvederm, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Beverly Hills Perlane.

+3

Sure, both Sculptra and Juvederm are great fillers and can be injected at same time or at different times.  Sculptra takes 4-6 weeks to see the results, so I would not mix these two in the same location at the same time for that reason.

Sculptra and Juvederm treatments can be performed at same time or in succession

+2

Sculptra and Juvederm treatments can be performed at same time or in succession. There is no known interaction or contraindication to their use. Juvederm results are immediate. Sculptra has more gradual and long-lasting results. The products complement each other nicely.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Juvederm are frequently injected at the same time

+2

It is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin beside the mouth, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse. They are injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective, and give longer-lasting results too.

I use Juvederm and Restylane as wrinkle fillers because they are injected more superficially, being injected in the skin, rather than beneath it. They work best for plumping up thinning lips, filling wrinkle lines on the lips, and for treatment of mild to moderate wrinkle lines on the face.

I will frequently inject different fillers (and Botox) in the same treatment session as they are used in different locations for different purposes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Injection of Sculptra and Juvederm

+2

Both fillers can be injedted at the same time, even if they are placed in the same part of the face. Most physicians have different indications for each filler. Make sure you understand the rationale for the use of each product..

No interaction between Sculptra and Juvederm

+2

There should not be a problem injecting Sculptra shortly after Juvederm injections. I actually perform similar treatments on my patients. I believe it is nice to give them volume quickly with the Juvederm while they are waiting for collagen growth with the Sculptra.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon