Scultpra for Thin Face with High Cheekbones?

I have started getting a little bit of jowls. I have a thin face with high cheekbones. Can you tell me if Sculptra is the right choice for me?

Sculptra is a good choice for someone with a thin face and is starting to get jowls

+1

Without seeing you, it is hard to say.  But in general, Sculptra is great to replenish volume lost with an aging face and starting to see jowls.  You might not need Sculptra in your cheeks, if you still have prominent cheek bones.  However, the temples, jawline, lateral cheeks, chin, marionette, and chin area might need to be volumized.  

Sculptra

+1

It is difficult to determine whether you will benefit from Sculptra treatment without seeing you in person.  I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Difficult to say without a physical exam

+1

No one can tell you wisely without seeing you in person and examining you as well as taking a through history. Sculptra is a very good treatment for many patients with cheek atrophy. If you have a round face without atrophy (loss of tissue) and hanging jowls, then Sculptra may not be a good choice for you.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fillers for thin face.

+1

HI!

1)  Sculptra requires multiple treatments, so we don't use it.

2)  We are very happy with our results using Juvederm to fill in under high cheek bones and to hide jowls

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sculptra for thin face

+1

YES.
It would be the best choice to restore the volume and minimize the jowling that happens because of loss of collagen and elasticity in the cheek areas leading to sagging of the skin close to the chin forming jowls.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thin face and Sculptra

+1

Is your concern the thin face and high cheek bones (which sounds appealing) or is it the appearance of the jowls. If it is just the jowls and you are not concerned about the thin look and high cheek bones per se, then you may consider other options. Fillers in the pre-jowl area are helpful; skin tightening procedures such as Thermage can be helpful (but somewhat painful); if you also have age and sunspots or sun damage and fine wrinkles, then Fraxel re:Pair may be helpful. You need to see a physician who can do all of these procedures and can help you decide (after a thorough examination and discussion of your goals) what is best for you.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Probably

+1

Sculptra is excellent for patients with thin faces, a gaunt appearance or very thin skin.

It increases volume to the face and gives you a more rested, youthful look. This product is very technique sensitive, so see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who uses Sculptra a lot.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist