How Many Sculptra Treatments Are Usually Needed?

How many injections are typically needed for Sculptra, and how often are they done?

Scupltra treatment depends on areas that need to be treated and size of the face

+2

We have a very wide experience with Sculptra and are trainers for the company.

In general small faces need less material and large faces more.

Our feeling is that smokers do not respond as well and if the patient is loosing weight the same applies.

As our experience has increased we need fewer sessions but use more material at each to get the volume needed more quickly.

We have yet to have a patient who had too much!!

However, Sculptra is techie and you should see someone who has had experience treating HIV patients during the past years and has a feel for the product as well as its followup.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

It can vary widely

+2

As an original advisor for this product, I can tell you that this can be one of the trickiest things to predict. Some people need 2 vials, while others need at least 6. If you over -treat, the results can be disasterous.

Here are some general trends I have noticed after years of experience:

1. The younger you are, the less you will need. (Younger patients have stronger immune responses)

2. HIV positive patients need a lot! (Likely due to less of an immune response)

3. I always start with one vial for patients under 50, and 2 for those over 60. (50ish patients have other factors I consider)

4. Do the second session 6 weeks later, the 3rd, 3 months after that.

5. Never do more than 6 over one year. Wait and see.

6. Make sure your doctor has used this product A LOT. It is injected very differently from other fillers.

7. Make sure the product has been mixed AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR. (Incomplete mixing results in those lillte lumps, as does injecting too superficially)

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist