Can I Have Sculptra Injections with Fibromyalgia and Psoriasis Arthritis?

I have both Fibromyalgia and Psoriasis Arthritis. Am I a poor candidate for Sculptra? My cheek and temple area are hollow. Thanks so much.

Sculptra Should be Safe

+2

Sculptra or Poly-L-lactic acid (PLA) has been used for about twenty years.  It was approved in Europe for use in wrinkles in 1999.  Its composition is polymers of the lactic acid which is a human product.  When Sculptra is metabolized it is broken down into lactic acid which is then broken down by the body into carbon dioxide or glucose.  The metabolism of the Sculptra requires the buildup of a collagen network that enhances the facial volume.  It has been used safely in immunosuppressed patients for decades.
Fibromyalgia and Psoriasis are different autoimmune illnesses, but the key factor is precise, deep injections to prevent superficial reactive granulomas.  I can find no medical peer reviewed articles that speak to any danger with Sculptra in a patient with Fibromyalgia or Psoriasis.

Marin Plastic Surgeon