I Had Sculptra Injected Twice March and April of 2011. Zero Results.

Injected in folds and jaw area.

Patience after Sculptra

+2

It is unusual to have no result from Sculptra. I would recommend being patient as it may be taking longer for you than others. Typically results are seen 2-6 months following injection.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra takes time to see results

+2

Sculptra takes time to start seeing results.  Typically we tell patients that they start to see results beginning in month 4-5 AFTER their last set of injections.  This means it may take up to 8 months to a year for a patient to have noticeable improvement.  The best way to gage this is by going back to the doctor's office to take some after-photos (provided before-photos were taken).  Patients often forget what they looked like prior to the injections, and given the results are so gradual, it may be beneficial for the patient to compare their before and after photography.

Kristel D. Polder, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra: An excellent liquid facelift injectable treatment option

+2

Hello ~

There is a misconception by the public regarding Sculptra. It is not an immediate volumizing filler as compared to other products such as the  hyaluronic acids and Calcium hydroxyapatite. Sculptra, also known as Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA) is a synthetic biodegradable lactic acid polymer. There is ample history on the use and safety on a variant of this product, as it has been used as suture material for over 4 decades.

Sculuptra works by stimulating epidermal thickening and neocollagenesis.  Downside risks include a roughly 17.2 % rate of nodule formation, although the literature would suggest that these risk factors can be minimized by increasing dilution of the product, and allowing the product to reconstitute for greater than 24 hours.  Indications for Sculptra: Correction of shallow to deep nasolabial folds and other facial wrinkles as well as HIV-associated lipoatrophy.

Due to the product's nature of stimulating collagen growth, several treatments are needed before results can be seen. Typically 4 to 6 spread over several months offer optimal results.  In our hands, the product produces great results in the right patient populations.

When considering use of this product, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, or Dermatologist who has experience with its use.

Kindest Regards ~

Glenn Vallecillos 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Sculptra requires multiple treatments over months for great results.

+2

The worst thing to do is abandon a great procedure because you have not given it a chance.  Your provider should have informed you that it takes 3 or 4 sessions (using from 3 to 6 vials) to get optimum results. Don't give up, I have seen Sculptra work on the vast majority of patients given enough time and sessions.  The good new is that once you have the outcome that you want, the results will last 2 or more years.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra often gives very subtle results in improving facial volume.

+2

Sculptra may give very subtle results in improving facial volume. And everyone responds differently to this material. I find myself performing lots of fat transplantation these days on people who are frustrated with the results of Sculptra.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

+2

This is the usual mis conception concerning "Sculptra". It take a "SERIES" of injections to attain a reasonable improvement over the course of 6 to 12 months, NOT just 2. 

Sculptra with no results

+2

No appreciable results after Sculptra happen for many reasons:

• did not receive enough, need more
  • sun damaged skin has less of a response
  • older patients (60+ years) have less of a response
  • facial skin volume much lager than underlying supportive tissue

These are some of  the more common reasons.  If there is a fair amount of excess skin, you should consider a surgical solution - a face lift. Hope this is helpful.

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Results May Require Numerous Injections

+2

Two Sculptra injections in the "folds and jaw area" may not be enough to give you the improvement you are looking for. Sculptra treatment causes an increase in volume that is extremely gradual, starting 3 months after the first injection and achieving a maximum effect at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. I often will not inject Sculptra directly into the "wrinkle lines and folds", but rather into multiple areas of the face to treat the volume loss that leads to their appearance.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra helps restore your body's own natural collagen

+2

It can take 3-5 sessions for optimal sculptra results. Depending on how much product was used, the effects may come sooner. One thing I would caution is to wait about 8-12 weeks after the 3rd session since that's really when the collagen grows and you don't want to look over done. The good news is that the results last for years. I have seen improvements last even up to 4 years, with only minor touch ups needed with either more sculptra or with one of the hyaluronic acid soft-tissue fillers.

Doris Day, MD