Can Sculptra Improve the Appearance of Shallow Acne Scarring?

I'm gonna have the sculptra done on my face, specifically on cheeks in order to improve my skin surface which has been damaged by acne ten years ago. I've done lasers already, dermabrasion and i only saw slight improvement with dermabrasion. Now i m having this filler.

how many injections will i need? when will i see results?how much (percentage) improvement will i experience? will mini face lift be better choice for me? i think of it as my last trial to improve my skin surface. thanx

Sculptra is NOT a Treatment for Acne Scarring

+2

I'm sorry to tell you but Sculptra is NOT a good solution for acne scarring. Unlike other fillers, Sculptra is intended to fill the DEEP tissues of the face as is commonly seen in runners, aging and in patients taking anti-HIV medications. It is not intended for superficial placement to lift minor folds, depressions or acne scars. You may want to get a second opinion before proceeding.

Sculptra is fabulous for acne scarring

+1

the misinformation about sculptra is alrming - only thiose who have used the product extensively should be commenting about its effectiveness and side effects - I have found the product gives absolutely amazing results in the setting of shallow acne scars.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Sculptra Works Well For Acne Scarring

+1

Sculptra can make a significant difference in the appearance of acne scarring of the skin. It works great if it is done along with some subcision (using the needle to go all around under the skin breaking down the scar bands between the acne scar and deeper skin).

You will need several sessions but the results should be good.

Make sure Sculptra is heavily diluted (up to 10ml) and has been mixed at least a day in advance.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and shallow acne scarring

+1

Without great photo posted very hard to discuss. My guess is NO, SCULPTRA will not work or work temporarily. With a need of 3 to 4 series of injection causing a cost to you of up to $4,000 US.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Sculptra and acne scars

+1

Sculptra cvan improve temporarily the scars by gently volumizing the cheek skin and stretching the skin. It is not a filler that is injected under each scar separately. Your questions are very precise and you would need to be examined in person to answer them.Usually Sculptra is given in a series of 3 treatments 6 weeks apart and it may last up to 2 years.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra alone is not effective for acne

+1

Sculptra and Sculptra Aesthetic are not to be use in the dermis where the acne scar problem is.

However, we regularly use Sculptra simultaneously with CO2 laser resurfacing.

The Sculptra is placed first with a local anesthetic in it. This serves to anesthetize the area as well as create lift in the area of acne so the laser appears more effective.

However this is not a technique for anyone who does not have a high level of experience both with Sculptra and lasers.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon