Is Sculptra Ok to Use in Someone Who Has a Tendency to Hypertrophic Scars?

and also had roaccutane due to cystic acne (now clear). I have had Juvederm twice with no problems.

Hypertrophic scars

+2

It is unusual to have scarring problems from needle injections unless there is an infection or significant hematoma (blood clot) caused at the same time. 

Hypertrophic scars from Sculptura injections would be extremely unusual.

Sculptra and hypertrophic scar

+1
Sculptra injection has been approved by US FDA for the past several years and has been used for numerous patients who may have susceptibility to hypertrophic scarring, yet there is no clinical evidence that there is a correlation. Granuloma from Sculptra can occasionally occur, mostly due to inadequate dilution (in the early years of Sculptra usage) or too superficial injection performed. If there is any concern, a test injection can be performed.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

Sculptra can cause granulomas in some patients.  This is not common. If you are a good candidate for Sculptra, you can always test it out in a remote spot to see if you react to it.