Sculptra in my Hands

Hi, I am considering in having Sculptra in my hands, due to my veins showing, I have very thin skin, and in the summer its worse. I am very concern about this because I am only 29 year old. Should I wait a little longer? Any advise?

Which Fillers are Best for Plumping up Hands.

+2

A number of injectable fillers have been used in the hands with a variety of outcomes and, occasionally, complications.  Sculptra is an excellent product for promoting collagen formation in the face. I use it routinely for improving facial volume and have done so, with excellent results, for over 4 years in my Toronto Clinic. In the thin skin of the hands, collagen formation can occasionally result in the appearance or feel of bumps. For this reason, I much prefer Radiesse for rejuvenation of the hands.  I have not seen complications with this and the results last for about a year, assuming that the appropriate volume is injected.  I hope that this information is helpful for you and other readers.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra is an option

+2

I have used Sculptra in the hands for several years, but now I prefer Radiesse. This is a totally elective procedure and can be done when the patient and an experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon both feel it can enhance the appearance of the hands.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Sculptra for Hands

+1

Sculptra is good at adding voulme to the soft tissue.  It works well in the face.  It can work well in the hands.  Most would go with Radiesse as their first choice.  Talk to your experienced injector about your individual case.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Hand Rejuvenation with Radiesse is preferred over Sculptra

+1

Radiesse is a better choice if you feel you need to do something. You'll have instant results that work very well to plump up the area on the back of your hand. By creating additional volume, you raise the surrounding skin so the veins are less obvious, but you will still be able to see them. Radiesse is long lasting and the injection and smoothing process is very fast (see video).

Why the blood vessels in your hands seem more obvious in summer:

When your body heats up, from environmental heat or from exercise, your blood vessels dilate, so you will notice them more in the summer or after exercising. People who exercise a lot tend to have larger vessels as well.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Sculptra in my Hands

+1

I would recommend Selphyl instead because it is more natural and results are better. But you can try a short lasting filler like Restylane. Best of luck.

Fillers are a good solution

+1

Fillers are a good solution to restoring lost volume or fat in the hands.  By replacing lost volume you will help hide the undesirable prominent tendons and veins.

Sculptra and radiesse are my 2 favorite fillers for the hands.  Sculptra requires several treatments (injections) to stimulate your body to fill or plump in the are.  Once this occurs, you should expect about 2-3 years of lasting correction.  Radiesse provides you with an instant correction or fill but will last anywhere from 9 - 18 months in the hands.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hand fillers

+1

I favor the hyaluronic acids first. If you don't like the result then hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve some of the filler. Radiesse has also given nice results.  Both of these products would be used on the hands as an off-label use.  Sculptra has a chance of leaving you with hard nodules (bumps) in the tops of the hands that can last many months to a year or more, even when done by trained experts.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fillers can improve your hands.

+1

Fillers and volumizers are great options to improve the appearance of hands by reducing the appearance of veins and bones.  Sculptra is one option and works extremely well as long as your are injected by someone very experienced with this product. I have used it successfully and have also had success with Radiesse for this purpose.

Matthew Schulman, MD