Sculptra Granuloma Excising

Sculptra was injected under my eyes July 2008. Multiple pea-sized granulomas, very visible, formed right away. The Doctor says "there's nothing I can do for you." Does anyone have a recommendation on a reputable Colorado Doctor that has experience excising granulomas?

Sculptra granulomas can be excised

+1

Sculptra granulomas can be excised, if necessary, but they often will respond to injection or massage.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra Under eyes is OK

+1

Actually placing Sculptra under the eyes is a good idea. I have it in my eyes. The small granulomas which can form can be massaged aggressively or just cut out with no problem. These seem to form along the needle path, so it is important to place the product deep and pull out the needle with negative pressure so none of the Sculptra is placed along the needle path. Only small amounts are carefully added with each injection.

James Apesos, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Excising granulomas of the lower eyelid skin from Sculptra

+1
If your bumps formed quickly after the Sculptra they just may be new collagen formation as granulomas are an immune reaponse that often develops many months after the procedure. The injection might have been done above or under the muscle. If you noticed them soon after, then probably they are above the muscle and they might be more readily excised (cut out) through tiny excisions. The skin normally heals quite well in that locationn but you might cinsider having only one done as a test before all are done.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Unfortunately Sculptra is not designed as an undereye product.

+1

When Sculptra Esthetic was released last year , it was with the warning that it not be used in the thin skin under the eyes or in the lips. This was based on experiences like you describe.

However, removing it is usually not difficult and can be done by any experienced plastic surgeon.

The skin over the nodule is usually not involved, so a small incision is made and the Sculptra excised just like a small eye cyst.  The incision heals very quickly and there is virtually no sign of the incision after a short time.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon