Combining Fraxel Restore and Sculptra

I am considering Fraxel Restore to eliminate age spots, remove minor acne scaring and minimize fine lines and pores. I am also undergoing Sculptra to replace age-related loss of volume and wrinkling in my face. I had my first Sculptra on March 18th with a second planned for May 6th. I have Fraxel scheduled for April 8th with a second planned for June 3rd. This approach was recommended by my doctor. Is this a good plan? Please provide some thoughts and comments.

Plan sounds great to me!

+2

I have suggested this to patients in the past and they have loved the results.  Good luck with everything!

Fraxel and Sculptra

+2

Fraxel Restore is one of a number of resurfacing lasers. Sculptra is a volumizing agent. While I don’t believe that your treatment plan is an impossibility, given the relative lack of data on neocollagenisis occurring simultaneously with the induction of thermal heat via laser, I would personally feel more comfortable with performing laser resurfacing first (allowing sufficient time for healing) before beginning any Sculptra treatments.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra combined with Fraxel Restore sounds like a great plan

+2

I think your treating physician's plan is excellent approach.  You'll get the benefit of volumizing the face while improving fine lines, texture and color all of which will contribute to a healthier, more youthful appearance. One without the other wouldn't give you the best overall result because neither one on their own address both issues. Good choice!

Good luck with your treatments!

Dr. Grant Stevens         

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Sculptra and Fraxel are a great combination.

+2

I love your doctor's plan.  Fraxel Restore is excellent for acne scars, pigment and photodamage.  There is also a benefit of reducing precancerous lesions.  It however cannot restore the precious volume that is lost as a consequence of aging.  Sculptra can't be beat for gradual, natural volume restoration.  You will be very happy with your results.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Combining Sculptra and fractional laser resurfacing

+2

We have routinely performed Sculptra either before or after fractional CO2 laser in our clinic. The combination is a potent way to stimulate collagen production, tightening skin, and achieve effective liquid facelift via different mechanisms of action.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional laser resurfacing and Sculptra

+2

The proposed schedule makes sense.  Sculptra is injected deep into the skin, in most places right above the bone, in the rest at the interface between the dermis and subcutaneous fat.

Normally laser treatments don't go that deep.  Fractional laser treatments affect the epidermis and dermis, the top two layers of the skin.

Also the fact that there are 2-3 weeks between treatments let's the Sculptra settle.

Make sure that you are really strict about sun avoidance and use and excellent broad spectrum sunscreen every day after fractional laser resurfacing, since you are having treatments when it is already sunny outside.

Plus sunscreen and sun avoidance will help prevent quite a bit of sun-damage related volume loss and wrinkling.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Non ablative laser resurfacing can be combined with filler agents for treatment of the aging face.

+2

Non ablative laser resurfacing can be combined with filler agents for treatment of the aging face. As each treatment works at a different level of tissue they will not interfere with each other.

Chicago Dermatologist

Combining Lasers and Sculptra

+2

Combinations of several different treatments are frequently used. This often includes use of a muscle relaxer such as Botox or Dysport combined with a volume expander such as Sculptra or Radiesse, a wrinkle filler such as Restylane or Juvederm, and laser resurfacing. Sculptra is an excellent choice for treating problems due to volume loss and is injected under the skin creating a nice filling and lifting effect. Laser resurfacing works for the more superficial layers of skin to reverse sun damage, fine lines, and acne scarring.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and Sculptra

+1

I recommend similar treatments to my patients and scatter them out similarly.  I might use fat injections, Sculptra or Radiesse, interspersed through the Fraxel Restore treatments.  Conditioning the surface of the skin is a great complement to  the treatment of the infrastructure of the dermis of the skin.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fraxel/index.html

There is no problem with combining fraxel restore with Sculptra treatments

+1

There is no problem with combining fraxel restore with Sculptra treatments.  The Sculptra is injected deep, while Fraxel Restore is injected more superficially.  The Sculptra can replace the age-related volume loss, as you stated, and the fraxel restore can help with skin changes improving skin tone and texture. 

Web reference: http://www.SculptraDoctor.com

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon