Can Sculptra Be Used Between the Eyebrows in Place of Botox.?

I have used Sculptra to fill the nasal labial area of my face as a treatment of lipoatrophy from the long term use of HAART therapy. i have been over the moon from my results and would like to use it i place of Botox for the creases between the eyebrows if it is a viable treatment option. not a fan of the "dead face" results from the paralysing of the muscles.

No, Sculptra is NOT a substitute for Botox.

+1

No, Sculptra is NOT a substitute for Botox.  It is a completely different injectable and works in a different way.  Only Dysport or Botox will work between the eyebrows to relax the muscles and reduce the lines/wrinkles.

Botox and Filler for brow crease...NO Sculptra!!!

+1

Sculptra is NOT a 'muscle relaxer' nor a 'filler'.  Sculptra is a 'volumizer' with multiple treatments needed to optain optimal results.  It is optimally used for lipoatrophy in the face.  It has amazing results when used correctly and in the appropriate patients.  If you already have a indent/crease in between your eyebrows due to years of scowling and being very expressive your best option, and safest option, is to have a Hyaluronic Acid (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane) placed in the crease very carefully by a skilled injector.  In addition, it is highly recommended to also have a small amount of Botox or Dysport injected in the local mucsles to help soften the muscle strength and movement that is causing your eyebrows to move together and cause that permanent crease at rest.  You should not have to experience a "dead face" when a skilled provider is using the correct products. 

I have my Physician Assistants treat me with Botox/Dysport and various fillers to enhance my youth regularly.  I am always complimented on  how "natural" I look.  Especially when I am lecturing all over the world to other physicians.   The key is to have experienced providers treating you... so fear not.  Botox/Dysport/Sculptra/ and all other fillers have their purpose and if used correctly, you will feel happy, and look beautiful.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

Grant Stevens, MD

Sculptra should NOT be used between Eyebrows

+1

As other plastic surgeons and dermatologists have already mentioned, Sculptra must be avoided in the eyebrow or eye areas. Sculptra is great for its intended use in the cheek and midface areas, especially for lipoatrophy or volume loss with facial aging. However, Sculptra has not been FDA approved in the eyes or eyebrows. Complications may occur. Better alternative are hyaluronic acids, such as Restylane or Juvederm to add volume to furrows, creases, and wrinkles between the eyebrow, in addition to Botox Cosmetic to help relax the muscles in the area. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra between the Eyebrows

+1

3131959anon in Australia

You should know that over a decade ago, the only "filler" we had at the time, Collagen, was reported to cause dead skin on occasion when injected between the eyebrows. Any filler material you have injected here increases your risk for trouble. It is not a matter of Sculptra vs Restylane or Juvederm.

Botox is the safest choice. Your fear of the "dead face" is exaggerated as long as the Botox is used properly. Stay safe.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra be used between the eyebrows in place of Botox

+1

First NO! the filler/stimulator sculptra is NOT to be used between eyebrows. But Botox is not a filler so you are confusing the two products and their usage and actions. Go discuss with a boarded doctor in your area.

Avoid Sculptra between the brows, but use both Botox and another filler for best result

+1

The groves between the brows are created both by muscle activity as well as tissue atrophy, especially in male patients.

Our best results come from injection Botox about 7 days before the filler to slow or stop the muscle activity and then injectioning the filler.  It usually is Perlane for minor groves, but we do use Radiesse for male patients with deep groves.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Avoid Sculptra between the eyebrows

+1
Sculptra should not be used between the eyebrows as there is a risk of large particles causing obstruction of blood flow and development of a skin ulceration and scarring of a wide area of the forehead. Restylane and Juvederm Ultra are used in this location.

Ronald Shelton, MD

No Sculptra here

+1

Sculptra will lump here. However, HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can be used. They work best on top of a LITTLE Botox or Dysport so the movement does not break down the HA as fast. I am so glad you love your Sculptra!

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist