Sculptra Causing Throbbing Against Sinus Cavity

I recently had sculptra done and I am experiencing throbbing against my sinus cavity. Is this common and what do you recommend for relief?

Throbbing Pain After Sculptra

+1

The pain can simply be from the manipulation and subsequent inflammation at the injection site. Occasionally this pain can be throbbing and last longer than expected. I recommend an NSAID, massage, and using heat to relieve the pain. It's not concerning, as long as it subsides within a few weeks. 

Sculptra causing throbbing against sinus cavity

+1

Contact the injector and contact the parent company for this ?filler. Than fill out a complication form so you have a medical record of the event. describe in great detail the events.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Sculptra has not caused sinus pressure in my patients

+1

I am not aware of my patients having experienced your symptoms, nor am I aware of other physicians commenting on this.  The sinuses communicate with the inner mucosal lining of the nose and if these passages are blocked then the sinuses could experience pressure, but the Sculptra doesn't interfere with the nasal passages.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Complication of Sculptra VS Sinus Infection

+1

Throbbing discomfort and pain of the sinus is MUCH more suggestive of a sinus infection than anything related to an injection of Sculptra. I would suggest you see an Ear,Nose and Throat doctor.

Sinus pain and throbbing after Sculptra

+1

I have not heard of this problem and I would certainly discuss this with your treating physician as well as possibly undergoing evaluation for a possible co-existing sinus infection.