Can I Have Sculptra with Existing Cheek Implants?

I had cheek implants done in 1998. They have been quite successful in giving me a more youthful appearance. However, I am now 65 and have lost volume in my lower face with some lines and cheek hollowing and a genetic asymmetry in my cheek size becoming more apparent with the fat loss. Can Sculptra be used OVER the existing implants as well as in the submalar area. I don't want large cheeks, just a somewhat fuller face with lines minimized. I'm told I have good skin quality for my age.

+1

Yes, Sculptra can be used to further augment and enhance the appearance of cheeks if the cheek implants did not fully correct the volume loss or if over time further volume loss has occurred. 

Austin Dermatologist

Sculptra with Existing Cheek Implants

+1

Sculpta can be injected over and around existing cheek Implants. I have also done cheek lifts on patients with implants to rejuvenate the  the aging midface. In fact, the presence of the implants are not a contraindication to any available treatments.

+1

Yes, I frequently use fillers to augment the cheeks when existing implants are in place.  Sculptra, Radiesse and Perlane all work well for cheek augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+1

Yes, but I might recommend enriched fat grafts instead of a filler/stimulator. Seek opinions in person. Regards 

Sculptra over cheek implants.

+1
Yes this should not be a problem. A better alternative is to replace your malar implants with combined-malar/submalar- implants. This is a more long term and cost effective solution.

Using Sculptra over existing cheek implants

+1

I have frequently injected Sculptra (and Radiesse) over cheek implants without complications. It is certainly quite effective for all of your issues, including it's use in the submalar area. When properly used, Sculptra is not injected directly into wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into multiple areas of the face to treat the volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the subtle and natural-looking results that are so often desired. Patients don’t want to look “done” but also don’t want to look “tired”. Seemingly small changes in shape, proportions, balance, and symmetry can have a surprisingly large effect on our perception of the aging face.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Over Silicone Cheek Implants

+1

Thank you for the non uncommon question.

In my 10 years of using Sculptra abroad and later in the USA, I have had this request before. It was my experience to use the Sculptra in the subcutaneous space over the implant with no problems.

Ask you local physician.

Dr Richard Sadove

Gainesville, Florida

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.