Will Sculptra Make a Difference for Depressed Acne Scars?

My dermatologist recommended Sculptra for my depressed acne scars. I've already had Total FX in December, and had improvements in texture, but the depressed scars are still very visible. Will Sculptra make a difference?

Sculptra is not great for acne scars

+2

We have been using and teaching Sculptra since it was originally approved for HIV patients.

We found it does not have sufficient firmness to really lift the deeper acne scars.

Our choice is to release the scar and spot laser over it. If that is not sufficient we later add microdrop silicone under the residual.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra for Acne Scarring

+2

Yes, it helps. It is a great product and a few days ago got approved by FDA for cosmetic use on the face.

It is technically a challenging product to use. Make sure you go to someone who knows it well and has used it for a while. Also, remember to massage all the areas injected aggressively as it will help reduce the chance of getting any lumps or nodules. Remember 555, massage 5minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon