Sculptra Decomposition?

I need to word this in a different way, to get the true answer to my question. How long do the collagen effects last after Sculptra injections. Not the Sculptra itself, but the collagen that remains that can disfigure someone's look if injected by the wrong doc. Thankyou

Sculptra Decomposition?

+1

Thank you for your question. Not enough information present, but if you have a small nodule that is present, it can last years. Sculptra is indicated for 25 months, but can realistically last 18-28 months in practice.  There is a variation is the individual response to every product, including Scultpra.  If injected properly, massaged properly, plan on 24-25 months.  If a nodule, years, and you may have to have it excised. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Collagen stimulation from Sculptra is very long-lasting

+1

The study done to get FDA approval for Sculptra followed patients for up to 2 years after an initial series of Sculptra placement sessions. Most of the patients had a noticeably significant improvement, i.e., they still showed evidence of their new collagen. In my experience using Sculptra since it was first approved in the US in 2004, I've seen patients with obvious effects for at least 2 to 3 years. The best way to use Sculptra is to get to a good place with an initial series of 2 to 4 sessions, then continue to stimulate further collagen production by placing a vial or 2 every 6 months to a year. After years of this pattern, most individuals will look younger as time is passing. I have many patients who look younger in their photos of today, compared with their photos of years ago, myself included!!

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra decomposition?

+1

The effects of Sculptra can last 2-3 years. This can vary depending on the patient. When performed properly by a qualified physician, treatment with Sculptra can yield a fantastic result. The general side effects of Sculptra may include the following:

1) Lumps, or "nodules."
2) Redness or swelling at the injection site
3) Bruising
4) Itching

I would recommend seeking out a board certified and qualified physician who has fellowship training. This will minimize the chances of any issues taking place. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

The effects from Sculptra can last anywhere between 2-3 years, though this may vary with the individual.  Touch up treatments may be necessary as well. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Collagen that is made from Sculptra will last usually 7 years but aging continues

+1

In general, most people quote the volumization effect from Sculptra lasts 2-3 years.  However new collagen has a 1/2 life of about 7 years.  What is happening is that the body is aging and countering the effects of the improvements from Sculptra.  I recommend touch up treatments at 12-18 month intervals to keep the correction rather than go all the way back to baseline and then refill then.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How long does Sculptra's effects last?

+1

Typically the tissue growth that results from Sculptra injection lasts 2 to 3 years, or even longer, depending on the age, health status and genetics of the patient. 

Seek consultation with a board certified physician who is well versed in the use of Sculptra if you are having issues.

Hope this was helpful.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra longevity

+1

I think what you are asking is how long the tissue stimulation lasts from Sculptra?  If that is the case, the effect from the Sculptra can last anywhere from about two to four years.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon