Can Sculptra Be Used Concurrently with Other Fillers?

Sculptra is commonly used with other fillers

+1

Correcting facial aging requires a global approach rather than simply “filling in” a few lines.  To accomplish this I often use combinations of volume expanders such as Sculptra or Radiesse and wrinkle fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. The effectiveness of the treatments available depends on the physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra with other fillers

+1

Hello Odette~

It is quite common to use Sculptra in combination with other fillers. Sculptra provides the 'seeds' for long term collagen stimulation and the benefit of your own skin improving its volume while the other fillers provide more immediate gratification.  Hyaluronic Tissue fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm) are always a better bet for the lips, nose and areas that require a very precise placement of material.  There's no reason someone should have to wait to look great!  Hope this helps.

Good luck

Dr. Grant Stevens           

Grant Stevens, MD

Sculptra may be used concurrently with other Facial Fillers

+1

Yes, Sculptra may be used at the same time with other injectable facial fillers. For example, lip enhancement may be performed with hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Juvederm), Botox Cosmetic injected in the forehead & Crow's feet, and Sculptra to add volume to the cheeks or other areas all in the same office session. After speaking with a cosmetic specialist can he/she help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can be used concurrently with other fillers

+1

Yes, I do this frequently. Be sure the filler doctor has vast experience with these combionations. I would recommend the new Selphyl system or that with the SCAFT graft. much better results. From Miami Dr. b

Sculptra and other fillers

+1

I have heard experts do at the same time, and others who do on different days. There is no "standard of care" here and one usually goes with the experience and advice of an aestheric expert that you trust. Sculptra is often complemented by the use of gel fillers, especially when lip and eye treatments are needed. Sculptra is not good in those two areas.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Sculptra and other fillers

+1

Many doctors place Sculptra in its correct deeper plane and fill the more superficial lines with a different filler such as Juvederm or Restylane. It can be done the same day but good clean technique is important to minimze the chance of infecting the Sculptra. It often is done at a separate time and after at least one treatment of Sculptra but can also be placed before the Sculptra. There is not only one right way to do this.

Ronald Shelton, MD