Sculptra for Cheek Asymmetry?

I'm 20 years old and have one cheek slightly fuller than the other (behind the apple of my cheek). It's not a huge difference but I feel it totally throws the balance off. Would sculptra be a good treatment for this? Would I have to get it in both cheeks? I'd rather go the route of fat grafting but unfortunately have a mega-metabolism and am slightly under weight.

Sculptra is an excellent product for cheek asymmetry

+2

Sculptra is an excellent product for cheek asymmetry as it is works wonders for facial contouring. It also lasts longer than most fillers and produces the body’s own collagen. You just want to make sure to find a trained Sculptra physician as it is not like injecting other fillers.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the cheeks

+2

Yes Sculptra may provide you with a balance that you wish. If the unaffected side is proportionally fine, then it doesn't need to be filled and only your atrophic side can be injected with the Sculptra. Usually it is a series of treatments and remember, it is not an instantaneous effect. It does take up to severalmonths to realize the benefit.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra

+1

It sounds like Sculptra would be a great option for you, to acheive facial symmetry.  I would encourage you to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Sculptra could work

+1

Sculptra could work for you. I would need to see a photo of you to really get a good idea if it would benefit but from your question the answer is yes it is possible. 

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra for cheek asymmetry

+1

Sculptra is best for treating overall facial wasting that occurs with age due to loss of fat and other supporting tissue. The body slowly digests the stimulus and new collagen is produced. The nice thing is that there is really no down time to this quick fix treatment, except for some possible bruising and initial swelling. Two to four applications spaced over four to six week intervals are normally needed to get Sculptra’s full effect and lasts about two years.

You may also want to consider Radiesse. Radiesse is firmer than most fillers, so it’s a frequent fix to enhance asymmetry and bony contours, such as the cheeks. It typically lasts anywhere between 12 and 24 months. However, injection techniques can vary based on expertise of the doctor, therefore it’s important to choose your doctor wisely. I suggest finding a physician who is Board Certified with plenty of experience using this product.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Sculptra works well for cheek asymmetry

+1

You are an excellent candidate for Sculptra augmentation in one or both cheeks. Obviously we would inject more on the less full cheek to achieve symmetry.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra for cheek asymmetry

+1

Give it a try but it will take at least 3 sessions to see a average result. Why not try fat grafting or Artefill fillers.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Sculptra is best for facial volumizing

+1

A slight degree of facial asymmetry can be normal. But if you have it to a degree that is noticeable to others, a filler is a great option for temporary correction.

Sculptra would be the best option currently available in the U.S. market, since you will achieve the greatest degree of correction for the longest period of time with Sculptra. Find an experienced physician injector to treat the cheek that you feel is not as full. You would not likely need treatment in both cheeks since you're young and likely haven't yet experienced facial volume loss due to aging.

I would recommend asking during consultation about the treatment of one cheek only, and talk with your physician about the amount of product that is likely to be necessary. Sculptra will take a few sessions to achieve the correction you're seeking, and should be done slowly and cautiously to make your you don't over-treat the cheek that is not as full.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon