Does Sculptra Change Your Look Forever?

Hi, I was injected with two vials of Sculptra nine months ago and am very uneven, left side is much fuller than right side. Once the collagen finally reduces, will the facial asymmetry and size proportions return to presculptra state or will one side of my face always be larger as I am thinking that collagen dissolves evenly. My doctor who is dual board certified only said that I grow a lot of collagen. Please help.

Does Sculptra Change Your Look Forever?

+1

Thank you for your question. Sculptra is indicated for 25 months, sometimes it only lasts 12 months, for others it can go for 36 months.  I rarely see it lasting longer 36 months.  I would not anticipate seeing any significant product left after 36 months.  I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sculptra Longevity

+1

Sculptra results will not last forever.  Eventhough Sculptra lasts for years, it will age with you and the results will slowly go away with time.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Duration of Sculptra effects

+1

Sculptra will not change your look forever.  The effects will typically last 2-3 years, and your face should return to its pre-Sculptra state.  Your surgeon should be able to improve on the symmetry by injecting the less full side.  

Restore Symmetry

+1

Scultra is a long lasting filler but not permanent. Without further treatment things would improve over a long period of time.  If asymmetry is causing you distress, I would recommend additional filler in the weak side. You can use something reversible such as the hyaluronic acids just to be sure you like it or you can have additional sculptra on the opposite side. Good luck!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

The effects of Sculptra are not permanent, but rather long lasting.  Your original facial symmetry should return once the Sculptra diminishes.

Sculptra is long lasting

+1

Sculptra is not permanent but long lasting. I estimate that it can last 3 to 5 years. Once its collagen effect starts diminishing you should go back to your old facial symmetry. However, there is no reason to wait. If you can afford to do it, I would get a Sculptra injection on the side that is less prominent.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does Sculptra Change You Forever?

+1

Hi Searching.  The collagen produced because of the Sculptra injections can last quite some time, on the order of 2 years or more.  With that said, if you do not do any more injections, your face will return to basically the same look you had prior to injections.

We always take before and after pictures because sometimes asymmetry exists before the treatment.  It's worth asking your injector to send you the photos.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/SculptraInjectionsBeforeAfterPictures.aspx

Does Sculptra change your look forever?

+1

Sculptra treatments should not cause a permanent change in your appearance.  Normally, after the last treatment, the effect can last for two to four years however.  So, it may take some time, but your appearance should return to the pre-Sculptra state.  One other option for you would be to do further Sculptra treatments to your right side to try and even things out.  Frequently, people's faces are not symmetric, so in those cases, more can be placed on one side than the other to make them more even.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon