Does Having Sculptra After Ultherapy During the Same Visit Increase Risks for Bruising?

I would like to have both sculptra and ultherapy treatments during the same office visit. My doctor would like to do the ultherapy prior to the sculptra injections. Will ultherapy heat up the skin thus pose an increased risk for bruising? If I opt to do one treatment at a time and do the sculptra first, must I complete the sculptra series before the ultherapy can be done? Thank you for your answers.

Arnica and Bromelain after Ultherapy

+1

Our office would recommend Bruisestick ointment that contains both Arnica and Bromelain. 

Web reference: https://www.kareskin.com/product-detail/11/bruisestick-arnica-ointment.aspx

Ultherapy should not increase bruising from Sculptra

+1

Although no formal studies have concluded that ultherapy would cause more bruising, if it is done the same day as Sculptra, you should do the Sculptra last.  We normally recommend to avoid Ultherapy for six months after the last filler.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Sculptra after Ultherapy

+1

My recommendation is to numb your face with local anesthetic then perform Ulthera with some Xanax and finish with a Sculptra treatment.  I haven't seen increased bruising with these treatments and strongly recommend both.  Best Wishes!!

Sculptra and Ultherapy can be done in the same visit

+1

Sculptra and Ultherapy can be done in the same visit. They work well together since Sculptra they both stimulate collagen. However, Sculptra has a higher chance of causing bruising because of the many needle sticks. Ultherapy alone is less of a downtime procedure.

Web reference: http://www.sculptradoctor.com/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ulthera and Sculptra ...Same day...

+1

There should not be any contraindication to having Ulthera then Sculptra done on the same day.  This will not cause any increase chance of bruising.

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Sculptra & Ulthera

+1

You can have both done on the same day and I don't believe there would be that much more of a risk with both procedures being done the same day in regards to bruising.  Having said that, I would recommend doing them on different days.  Immediately after treatment with Ulthera there may be some mild facial swelling and some mild redness.  This swelling may effect the amount of Sculptra injected in some areas, such as the cheeks.  This is probably insignificant though, because you are only injecting 1-2 vials on that visit.  Any fine tuning can be performed in subsequent visits, recommended at least a month apart, for Sculptra.  Ulthera is a one time treatment, with possible additional treatments a year later if desired.

Most injectors would recommend doing the Ulthera first, but there are some fascinating considerations with actually doing Sculptra first:

1.  The melting point of sculptra beads are significantly higher than the thermal point of Ulthera.  Therefore there should be no destruction of Sculptra contrary to other fillers, such as Hyaluronic acid fillers.

2.  Sculptra induces new  collagen deposition.  If the Sculptra was injected first, and the secondary collagen allowed to accumulate, then this new collagen hit with the Ulthera ultrasound energy, there may be a synergistic response inducing even more new collagen formation.  This should provide better more long-lasting results.

A study needs to be done to determine which is the best way to go.  I hope this hasn't confused you, but I really don't think that having Sculptra immediately after an Ulthera treatment will result in any increased risk for bruising.

Sculptra can be done at the same visit as Ulthera

+1

You can have both procedures done at the same visit.  I would say there is no additional risk of bruising with the Sculptra injections.  Bruising is fairly common after Sculptra, but the VBeam can significantly decrease the time it takes for the bruise to resolve.  I have a photo where the bruise was gone in 2 days after the VBeam on RealSelf.  This is offered complimentary after any treatment and is painless.  The VBeam can't be used on skin types 5 or 6 or if the skin is recently tanned.  I would do the Ulthera first, then the Sculptra injections, as your doctor has suggested because the water in the Sculptra could affect the Ulthera treatment.

Ultherapy and Sculptra performed on the same day and risk for scarring.

+1

There is an increased risk for bruising with Sculptra injections after the skin has been manipulated and heated by ultherapy.

You should have ultherapy first and wait at least one week before starting Sculptra injections. 

If you decide to start with Sculptra, remember to massage the areas well for at least one week and wait at least 3 weeks before having ultherapy.  You can then have your next Sculptra treatment 3 weeks after ultherapy, since Sculptra treatments should be done at least 6 weeks apart.

Toronto Dermatologist