Pigmentation Under Eye and Droopy Eyelild After Sculptra

Hi: I had a sculptra treatment on Dec-2010. Immediately upon injecting my left upper cheek, I had substantial bruising under the eye and a droopy eyelid. The doctor stopped the treatment although he had already completed injections on the right side. After three under eye laser treatments, more sculptra on the left side of my face and 7 months elapsed time, I still have a black eye, a droopy eyelid and a significantly uneven shape to my face. Is there any hope? Thank-you for your expertise.

If it is bruising due to the Sculptra, it will go away eventually

+2

If it is bruising due to the Sculptra, it will go away eventually. And, there should not be any permanent eye drooping from Sculptra unless a nerve was damaged, which would be very rare. You have to be careful when injecting Sculptra around the eye area. It’s important to go to an ophthalmologist or oculofacial plastic surgeon for injections around the eyes because they are specialists trained in these delicate structures. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

There is always hope

+1

Correction of asymmetry can be accomplished and the darkness needs to be evaluated as it is rare for a bruise to last so long. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to evaluate what the cause of the unsatisfactory result is and what can be done to improve it.

Ronald Shelton, MD