I am considering Sculpta procedure. Is there any bruising, any down time I need to make this decision.

Sculptra and down time

+1
Sculptra is a wonderful product for mid face volumizing and many people call it a "liquid facelift".  It is a liquid and generally does not cause much bruising.  To avoid any bruising please avoid aspirin, motrin, aleve, or vitamin E,  or blood thinners, or any products like fish oils.  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with cosmetic procedures.

Sculptra Bruising and Down Time

+1
I advise my patients that anytime I am performing an injection there is possibility for bruising. I find that bruising is a rare occurrence with all of the injections I do. It is helpful to avoid anything that may thin your blood prior to your treatment. Swelling generally lasts for 1-3 days. I find that most patients are comfortable going to work the next day.
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Recovery

+1
Sculptra is a wonderful "filler" that stimulates collagen production in the area that it was placed.  I have obtained excellent natural results in the cheeks and smile lines.  Recovery is really patient dependent as well as injection technique.  I like to have my patients ice their face for at least 10-15 minutes prior to the injection.  I also place topical numbing cream to help with comfort.  I find that gentle injection and pressure over the areas during the procedure also greatly help with minimizing bruising.  I have had many patients who have minimal to no bruising the day after the procedure.  

Web reference: http://www.idealfaceandbody.com/injectables/sculptra/

Reducing Sculptra Related Bruising

+1
Bruising is a common side effect of dermal fillers that all patients dislike. However, there are many ways to minimalize the appearance of bruising. Prior to a Sculptra treatment, I advise my patients to avoid the following:

-All pain relievers except Tylenol
-Vitamin E and all multi vitamins containing Vitamin E.
-Foods high in Vitamin E, such as: sunflower seeds, papaya, spinach, blueberries, etc.
-Cinnamon and horseradish
-Herbal remedies such as Fish Oil, St. John’s Wort, etc.
-Alcoholic beverages, especially red wine (optional)

At my practice, CARE Plastic Surgery, we offer dermal filler patients homeopathic Arnica and Bromelain supplements from Vitamedica to minimize bruising after treatment. These supplements should be started three days prior to a Sculptra treatment.

After having a Sculptra treatment, I advise my patients to massage all treated areas for 5 minutes, five times a day, for five consecutive days. Massaging aids in the distribution of Sculptra, allowing for a smoother, natural look. Massaging also helps to prevent any bumps from forming. Should you feel swelling or pain, you can use an ice pack to relieve these temporary symptoms.
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bruising and Sculptra

+1
In general, my patients don't bruise after Sculptra injections. However, if a patient gets a bruise, it is usually around the chin area, when correcting marionette lines. Ice is good to use before the injection which produces vascular constriction. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and other meds that cause issues with coagulation should be avoided weeks before the injection.
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect from Sculptra

+1
Minimal bruising is always a potential with any dermal filler treatment. Out of all the fillers that are offered, Sculptra has the least amount of downtime and most patients are able to return to their daily activities almost immediately. 

Web reference: http://dermalfillersdr.com/sculptra-injections-san-diego/

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Downtime to expect after treatment with Sculptra

+1

Sculptra can be performed very comfortably in the office.  After application of numbing cream, the injections can be performed in ~30 minutes.  Some bruising at the site of injection occurs in 5-10% of patients, and may last 5-7 days.  Make-up can be applied to conceal this bruising if it does occur.  Most patients do notice some temporary swelling, anywhere from 1-3 days. 

Avoiding foods, medications and supplements that thin the blood can reduce the risk of bruising (alcohol, ginger, aspirin, to name a few).  Also icing the area immediately after treatment and using Arnica can help to minimize bruising.   

Side effects of Sculptra

+1

Hello, and great to see you are doing your research prior to having treatment with Sculptra. In general, the side effects of Sculptra can include:

1) Lumps, or "nodules"
2) Redness or swelling at the injection site
3) Bruising
4) Itching

There is little down time. You can get back into your routine the same day, just avoid putting any pressure on the area where the injections took place. Thanks and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/sculptra-charlotte/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

There is always a risk of bruising and swelling post injections to the face.  There are never any guarantees.  Icing the areas immediately post injections can help with the bruising and decreasing of the swelling in the the skin.  

Dr. Grant Stevens               Marina Plastic Surgery Associates             Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/question/juviderm-injected-months-eye-correct-hollowness-worse-bags-my-eyes-please-help#1184822

Sculptra Treatments in NYC

+1

Sculptra treatments are a nice alternative to other dermal fillers.  Sculptra works by stimulating your own tissue to volumize naturally and actually grow tissue rather than rely on the injected material.  This give a very natural generalized filling effect which is great for cheeks, temporal region, jawline and other parts of the face and body.  After the treatment you can expect mild swelling and and very slight chance os bruising (less then 5% chance just as other fillers).  Since the onset of action is over several weeks, patients enjoy the natural look and feel rather than feeling or looking "injected."  However, you should review your particular situation with your surgeon to make sure you are a good candidate.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com