Scrunching my Nose One Week Post Rhinoplasty, Will This Affect the Alignment of the Nasal Bone or Cartilage?

Ok, so I got startled at something the other day and scrunched my nose as a reaction and was wondering if this will disturb any of the bone and/or cartilage in my nose? I did feel a bit of pain too. Now it wasn't a full scrunch of my nose because it's very hard to move due to the swelling. Am I overreacting here? Thanks in advance.

+1

Based upon your description alone I think damage is unlikely, but I would follow with your surgeon.

Facial animations after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, you should try to refrain from excessive facial motions after a rhinoplasty.  Your nose may have delicate grafts placed with suture.  These should be able to resist overly exaggerated facial movements, but why take a chance.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon