What Should I Use For My Scars After Open Rhinoplasty?

Hello I had a revison open rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and my scars is very weird , it's bigger then before and my nostrils are not the same but it was like that before so what should i do for my scar can i use kelo-cote or it's just swollen and when is it going to be the same height of the bottom part. thank you

There are scar creams available, but just be patient

+1

There are scar creams available, you can also do some Fraxel laser over the scars, but be patient, they should heal just fine on their own.

Open rhinoplasty scar is often a safe bet

+1

The scar from open rhinoplasty is visible early on for some, though for most the scar is very faint and works out well, something we like to call a 'safe bet' as we win most of time. For a very few, there can be a mismatch or problem that will not work out without revision. You are good to go with scar creams, and should be patient to see what settles after several months.

peterejohnsonmd

Scar from open rhinoplasty.

+1

Be patient and it should heal fine. In 35 years of open rhinoplasty I have never had to revise a scar. It is simple to revise it if it does need it.