Scraped Skin On Nose 7 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

i had some really dry skin on the tip of my nose so i scraped it off with my fingernail.......... could that do any damage being 7 months post op rhino? thank you

+1

Thank you for your question. At 7 months following rhinoplasty, the nose should be well healed and no longer at increased risk for damage from minor trauma. Minor abrasion of the skin of the nose should not impact your result from rhinoplasty. I hope that helps.

Removing Dry Skin 7 Months After a Rhinoplasty

+1

You are in luck. You have to be careful with the skin of your nose after a rhinoplasty for about 2-4 weeks. After that, it will react just like it did prior to the surgery. So go ahead and remove that dry skin to your heart's content.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

At 7 months after rhinoplasty the skin on your nose will be similar to your skin any where else on your body.  If it wouldn't have caused injury on another part of your body then you are probably ok.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD