Chin implant & liposuction or neck lift, which is best for me? (Photo)

I am looking for a doctor in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area to perform a chin augmentation. I am unsure if I need a neck lift or liposuction underneath. I am not overweight and never have been, but have this extra fat under my chin I would like removed. I also am unsure what size and type of implant would best correct my profile. Thoughts and feedback kindly appreciated, all the best.
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

Chin implant and neck

+1
 Placement of a chin implant is reasonable based on the weak chin profile that is present. The chin implant is composed of Silastic, is inserted through sub mental approach under either local or general anesthesia. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is usually determined at time of examination and consultation. A small chin implant would probably suffice.
A neck lift involves removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle and a platysma-plasty. Skin removal can also be performed, if necessary for laxity in that area. 

Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction

+1
You will do just fine with chin implant augmentation and submental/neck liposuction. That is a good combination for your that will make a very noticeable difference in your neck and jawline shape in the profile view.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

U-lift

+1
You have fullness under your chin and some skin laxity.  A chin implant and lipo would give a fair result.  It would not take care of the laxity.  A U-lift (which we trademarked) is a small incision surgery designed to remove the laxity and would be your best choice.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Chin implant & liposuction or neck lift, which is best for me?

+1
  An examination would be necessary assess skin quality, location of fat deposits, and muscle laxity in order to determine if liposuction or a neck lift would be reasonable.  A chin implant is reasonable.

Chin implant and liposuction.

+1
Judging from your photo, I do think you could benefit from a chin implant. There are a number of extended anatomic chin implants to choose from.  These can be shown to you and together with your plastic surgeon a decision can be made as to the most appropriate style which typically would be a small to medium.  I can not say for certain if you would benefit from liposuction based on these pictures alone.  Liposuction is appropriate for mild skin laxity and fat excess, but not when the correction involves muscle repositioning.  From you picture, this can not be fully ascertained. Find a surgeon with considerable experience performing chin implants.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant or lipo

+1
You did not mention you age but you look young you appear to be a great candidate for chin implant and some submental liposuction.  You would only be a candidate for face and neck lift if you are older and/or have skin excess.   I have videos of all of these topics under my last  name on Youtube.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Richmond, Virginia
niamtu@niamtu.com

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Possible chin implant and liposuction candidate

+1
From your photos, I would say that you are a good candidate for a chin implant and liposuction under your chin.  Both of these procedures should lead to improvement.  It's possible that you could be a candidate for a neck lift as well, but you would need to be examined to make that determination.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Typically a chin implant and liposuction under the chin and jawline can create a significant improvement. Nothing substitutes for an in-person consultation during which you should be able to see and handle the available implants and measurements can be taken to determine the ideal implant size for you. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon