Will I need a lift with a breast augmentation? (Photos)

I am a 30 year old mother of 3 (breast fed for 5+ years). Prior to having my children, I did modeling and had very nice breasts. Now they feel saggy and deflated (slightly more on my right side). I am now considering augmentation, but I would like to lose about 20 lbs first (pre pregnancy weight). If I have an augmentation, I would like to avoid scarring. They don't seem too saggy now but more so than before breast feeding and I don't want implants to cause increased sagging.

After weight loss you will likely need a breast lift in addition to augmentation with implants

+1
After 20 pound weight loss your breasts will appear smaller and most likely will sag further.  If that is the case then a combination breast lift and augmentation will be your best option.  From your photographs you may well be a candidate for a periareolar breast lift which causes less scarring.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination and consultation to properly answer your question.

Simultaneous lift needed

+1
In your photograph, your breasts are too low, nipple are pointing outward and you appear to have a loose skin envelope. I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the need of implants. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. If you want implants, it can be done at the same time or later. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. A frequent cause of dissatisfaction is not performing a simultaneous lift when needed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a breast lift?

+1
Thanks so much for your question. Based on your photos I don't believe you need a lift. Your nipple and areolar position is well placed above your inframammary fold currently. This of course may change with additional 20 pound weight loss.  Even if it changes and you become slightly droopy you may not need a full mastopexy but maybe a candidate for a more limited scar mastopexy. 

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will I need a lift with a breast augmentation?

+1
Having worked with lots of moms, your question is very familiar.  The good news is that your

photos demonstrate that you have maintained a very good shape to start with.  The nipple-

areola position appears to be above the breast fold, and volume asymmetry although present,

appears modest.  Judging by photos alone, it would appear that an asymmetric augmentation

(e.g. more volume added right -vs- left) would give you a very pretty result.  As always,  you

should discuss this with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best wishes... 

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

Based on your pictures, it does seem that skin laxity has taken over and the best procedure to correct this will definitely be a breast lift. Perhaps implants can be placed for volume and enhance your breast as well.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
You appear in the posted photos to be on the border line. I might try a very large implant l;ike 500 cc over a lifting operation... 

Lift with or without #augmentation

+1
First, congrats on the 3 kids and kudos for the 5 years of breast feeding. What a commitment!
A good exam will be pretty reliable in answering your question but you should know that you may well have options. Although a lift is the most powerful way to restore the breast tissue to where it used to be, a properly selected implant above the muscle can provide a lift as well.  In some women, this is all that is needed.  Big implants can accentuate this lift but have all of the problems that come with big implants. 
Find a surgeon you trust in an office you like and feel comfortable in.  Make certain that you are presented options with explanations.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lift?

+1
its hard to tell from these photos but it may be that you could have the augmentation and then stage a lift after if needed.  To know for sure I would visit with a few PS in your area who can examine you and discuss the pros and cons of each

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants?

+1
Sorry, but there are not enough photo views to tell and the angle you took the photo is not good enough to even guess. If you need a lift, a breast augmentation alone usually does not do the trick.

Breast lift with augmentation?

+1
The only real way to answer this is with an in person consultation and physical exam/measurements. In general, if your nipples are >1cm below the fold under your breasts, then a lift is advised. There are exceptions to this, but again depends upon several factors that would need to be addressed during the consultation. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD