EKG Test Pre-op?

Dr.salama's staff sent me an email requesting a bunch of blood tests and and EKG (which i find strange since im a 19 yr old non smoker). Anyways, i have no insurance and spent 250 on the blood tests but they dont do EGKs. Next care urgent care doesn't either and ill be out of state from now until my surgery. Where can i get this done. Its become such a hassle and my surgery is on the 19th. Help! (Ps i will be in Chicago up until my surgery in FL)

EKG at a young age for surgery

Thank you for your question. In our office, we require an EKG for any patient over the age of 50 going through a procedure with general anesthesia AND/OR any patient that has a medical condition or history that would warrant additional testing. We do however, require blood testing before any procedure requiring a general anesthesia. I would check back with your surgeons office to confirm that they are requesting an EKG for your case. If they confirm that an EKG is required, you should look at a cardiologists office (which you can google for the area that you will be in). Check around as pricing varies, however, the cardiologists office that we use charges a cash based price of $55 for our patients. I hope this helps.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon