Dr put Radiesse in my nose to straighten it out. Now I have huge lumps and my nose looks huge on my small face. What can I do?

Had injections 3 weeks ago and hasn't gotten any smaller. I model so this has just completely destroyed my career for now and don't know what to do.

Perlane L Combined With Radiesse Works Well For Nonsurgical Nose Jobs

+1
First, let me say how sorry I am that you are having this difficulty. Since the particulars of the exact location(s) on the nose where you were injected, and the amounts used, were not provided, I can only comment in the most general of terms.

I have an extensive, nearly fifteen year experience in performing nonsurgical nose jobs with various fillers and volumizers (both in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, as well as in my Israel satellite office, where a far greater number of regulatory-agency approved agents, including Radiesse, are available).

For one thing, you are only three weeks past the injections and it is possible that you are experiencing a great deal of edema (tissue fluid) in response to the presence of the material and the massage and sculpting that were needed to mold the material to the contours of your nose. If so, the edema and the resulting distortion and lumpiness will be absorbed, the same way it would be after a punch in the face or nose.

If on the other hand, the bumpyness does not resolve or improve sufficiently in the next couple of weeks. and say, too much material were added, saline injections and intralesional steroids can be tried, although in my experience, success with these is limited. I would not suggest surgery to remove the material, owing to the risks and to the possibility of scarring and for the reasons mentioned immediately below.

While your situation is very frustrating, the overall good news is that Radiesse is a semipermanent filler, and, as such, will eventually be broken down slowly and spontaneously by the body's own metabolic processes and eliminated. So, you don't have to live with this for good. Of course, it is precisely this kind of situation that underscores why truly permanent fillers, like silicone, Artefill and Bioalcamid should not be used, despite the admittedly enticing thought of obtaining a permanent result that needs no touch ups.

My favorite combo for nonsurgical nose jobs in the U.S. is Perlane L (a more robust relative of ordinary Restylane), which provides a nice lift and projection, either alone or combined with a small amount of Radiesse, and abroad Restylane SQ with a small amount of Radiesse. The Radiesse provides an additional advantage of being biostimulatory, meaning that it stimulates new, native collagen synthesis (neocollagenesis) and the other products, being composed of hyaluronic acid, allow for their being easily dissolved, should it become necessary, with hyaluronidase. Every effort is made to add just the right amount of material to shape the nose to the desired form without overshooting.

Nonsurgical nose jobs properly performed require experience and expertise and it is always best going forward to make sure that you seek consultation with a board certified core aesthetic physician and make sure to ask to see his/her befores and afters.

IMO Radiesse is the wrong filler for nasal injections

+1
Putting a long term filler that can't be erased is probable a mistake except for the most experienced doctors. This will last a long time without intervention.  What you can try is saline injections, steroid injections or surgical excision if nothing else works. There are many people on realself with similar problem in their nose from Radiesse. I think Restylane is a great choice for this area and it is reversible. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD