Bruising and Pain Months After Butt Implants. Any Advice? Help! (photo)

I had buttock implants placed sub Fascia in April. On is much former than the other and sits higher. The other is relatively soft and has better movement. The harder one bruises at the top ALL the time. It's painful. It looks as if it hasn't "dropped". Has anyone had experience with this or any advise? Thank you

Bruising and Pain Months After Butt Implants. Any Advice? Help!

+1

After several months of dealing with this, you may want to consider removal of the implants and fat transfer to the buttocks to get the volume you desire.  About 25% of the Brazilian buttlifts I perform are revisions of previous buttlifts or butt implant procedures.  

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Almost all patients have more than enough fat for this procedure.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pain and asymmetry after buttock implants several months ago

+1

Possibilities include chronic seroma, capsular contracture, or old hematoma.  See your surgeon.  It may be useful to have an ultrasound or CT or MRI to diagnose abnormal fluid collections.  Capsular contracture is less likely, and could be a secondary effect of chronic fluid collections.  Be prepared for a revision.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Buttock Implant Capsular Contracture

+1

The higher buttock implant likely has capsular contracture and sits closer to the skin, the result of being in the subfascial position. This is why it is hard and has frequent bruising. The decision will have to be made at some point about what to do with it. But for now you have time to see if these symptoms improve with time or not. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD