Will liposuction help eliminate or improve the appearance of my cellulite? Which type of treatment do you recommend? (Photo)

I have cellulite. I want it gone. I work out regularly and eat healthy. Doesn't work. What will!?

Liposuction and cellulite

+1
Liposuction does not help much with cellulite. It can remove volume and improve shape, but usually does not help with the problem of cellulite. Many people have reported good results with the Cellulaze treatment for the improvement of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser energy to help break up the fibrous connections that cause the skin dimpling seen with cellulite. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction doesn't help the appearance of cellulite, this actually gets better if exercise is done on a regular bases.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite

+1
Liposuction does not help cellulite.
Cellulite is from tight tissue bands going from skin to muscle, puckering the fat.
Massage and Endodermologie temporarily reduce its visibility.
The FDA approved a Cellulaze laser may improve it.  
It is an office surgical procedure - fluid is injected into the tissues, the laser probe goes under the skin and breaks up the tissue bands. Liposuction of the area may be needed at the same time for a smooth result.
The treatment is new. It may prove to work well. It is expensive.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction and cellulite

+1
Liposuction is not a treatment for cellulite. At this time there are no modalities, laser, massage nor medications and lotions which will eliminate cellulite. Cellulaze is FDA approved modality which has been beneficial in improving the appearance of legs with cellulites. External massage as with endermology, has shown some benefit as well.

James R. Benjamin, MD
Bowie Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite

+1
In general, liposuction does not improve cellulite. Liposuction removes subcutaneous fat (deep plane). Cellulite is more superficial and involves the skin. Endermology, massage, and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation may improve your cellulite. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon 

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and cellulite

+1
Cellulite does not improve with liposuction. Some patients are finding success with the cellulaze system to treat cellulite. Good luck.

Will liposuction help eliminate or improve the appearance of my cellulite? Which type of treatment do you recommend?

+1
NO Liposuction will not improve the cellulite! The better option is the CELLULAZE operation. But you need to find a true Cellulaze expert, very few are that level... 

Stubborn fat

+1
Liposuction can help stubborn areas of fat. However it will not address skin laxity. I would find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and set up a consult Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Two types of cellulite

+1
Hello Janes Doe,

There are two types of cellulite:  
  1. Volume excess
  2. Laxity excess

Volume excess cellulite will improve with liposuction.  Laxity excess cellulite tends not to.  Cellulite can be a challenging issue to correct fully and you and your plastic surgeon will have to be careful as not to create more problems than are actually corrected.  Cellulaze can also be helpful at times but this can also create problems if not used judicially.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD