Botox Vs. Eye Brow Lift? (photo)

My right eye brow doesn't arch as high as my left, as I am getting older it is getting more pronounced. I would like them to look at they do in the second picture, as the high arch is more flattering to my face. I was reading other answers and it was mentioned botox would help to lower a brow, but will it help raise one as well?

Raising eyebrows and other fun uses for Botox

+2

Botox should indeed be able to give more arch to your eyebrow.  Other less well recognized aesthetic applications of botulinum toxin (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) include smoothing of lines on the nose ("bunny lines", smoothing a dimpled chin, correcting downturned corners of the mouth (sometimes requires filler as well), reducing the amount of gum tissue exposed for those who have a "gummy smile", smoothing vertical lines on the lips, making full faces more narrow along the jawline (by relaxing the masseter muscle) and smoothing lines on the neck.  Botulinum toxins are very versatile but these less commonly known treatments should only be administered by highly experienced injectors.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox versus browlift

+2

Botox and a brow lift and certainly address the asymmetries and can lift one eyebrow. Botox  lifts the brows temporarily  while a browlift is permanent.

Fallen Eyebrows Respond Well To The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Browlift

+2

Analogous to the technique for performing the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Facelift and the Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Necklift, the lateral eyebrows can be lifted, using a volumizing filler, such as Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. The principle for this approach is exactly that of the other two procedures, i.e. to reverse the downward deflationary vectoring of the aging (the sagging) brow with an upward and outward flare to the brow.

The injection technique is quite simple and takes only minutes to perform and yields results that are both immediate and longer term (improve over the next six to eight weeks) as neocollagenesis (new collagen formation) occurs where the volumizer was injected that leads to further retraction and benefit. Owing to its simplicity and lack of downtime, this treatment makes an excellent nonsurgical browlift option for people of any age. If needed, the brow elevation may be further enhanced by the instillation of a few droplets of a neuromodulator, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin.

Naturally, consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician experienced in each of these techniques is a must.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Brow asymmetry from droopy upper eyelid (ptosis)

+2

It is possible you have latent left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy eyelid) and the brow on that side is elevating as compensation in order to help lift your droopy eyelid.  If that is the case, then ptosis surgery would be the answer, now brow surgery. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unilateral brow lift vs. Botox

+2

Botox would raise your eyebrow but would need to be repeated every 3-4 months, for a longer termed solution you may want to consider a unilateral brow lift.  

Browlift with BOTOX

+2

Botox can be used to lift the brows and I often encourage my patients to try it first before surgery. It can often give you the look your are desiring and can "buy you some time"  until you are ready to have surgery.   It is quick, inexpensive and fairly immediate results, but it is only temporary, with effects only lasting 3-4 months.  If the Botox does not give you your desired look, then a surgical browlift is your next option.  A browlift is more expensive, has some downtime for recovery, but it does have a longer lasting result.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Botox browlift

+2

Botox injected just under the outer part of the brow can lift the brow but probably not as high as you hope. Try it once to see. The more permanent option is a temporal browlift on the right.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

+2

At your age a Botox brow lift would be the answer.  The muscle that circles the eye tends to pull the brow down.  By relaxing that part of the muscle that sits just below the lateral brow itself, we can create a lift and a very natural arch that will last for months.  This use of Botox is considered 'off label use', so be sure to see a licensed physician who can perfom and offer 'off label' use of Botox.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Vs. Eye Brow Lift?

+2

At your age I think I would recommend the Botox for now. Just make sure you see someone who is quite experienced in the use of the chemical.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Botox or brow lift

+2

Both will work to raise your brow. Botox will do it temporarily where as a brow lift will do it more permanently. Both procedures need to be performed by someone with experience in those options. Do your research to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Cost also is a factor. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon