Is my Result Reasonable or a Total Failure? (photo)

I am re submitting my question of 2 weeks ago with better photos. After shots are 6 months post op. Wish I could put more but only seems to be option of 4 photos. Surely my face does not look like an acceptable post op result? Still very lined and creased and scraggy looking. I am heartbroken it was a big procedure to go through and cost £7500!

Reasonable or total failure

+1

You feeling bad makes it a failure. It is important that you speak with your surgeon before surgery about expectations. Also he should be involved in your follow up treatment to ensure an amazing result. See your surgeon asap to discuss your feelings. Hope eveything works out

Is my Result Reasonable or a Total Failure?

+1

Dear Isthisalliget,

Thank you for your question and photos. I agree that I don't see much difference on the profile photo, but I do see improvement on the front facing photos.  Your mouth, in particular, appears more symmetrical and centered.  Discuss you concerns with your surgeon and if  not satisfies, seek a second opinion.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

It sounds like you do not think you have achieved enough improvement

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Regardless of what opinions you receive it sounds like your opinion is that you do not see enough improvement.  It will be important to identify what improvement is insufficient such as fine lines, eye are, jowls, neck line etc. The reason for this is that a face lift can only address certain agin issues while fat grafting, skin resurfacing, and other such procedures are designed to rejuvenate the rest.  Base on the photos alone I can see some improvement in the straight on photo but not as much in the side photo.  I would discuss this and what you would like to accomplish with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Reasonable result after facelift and fat transfer?

+1

It is difficult to give a full opinion without examining you and knowing the specifics of your surgery.  The first question would be if you were a good candidate for the surgery at all.  I'm not sure what you discussed with your surgeon beforehand and what issues you were having with your face that made you seek treatment.  I would say that although there appears to be little improvement on the neck, there does appear to be some improvement on the lower face and mid face.  This may be primarily from the fat transfer, but again, it would be important to know exactly where the fat was placed.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defining success with a facelift surgery

+1

I would agree that I do no not see much of a change on profile.  It is not possible for me to understand the reasoning behind your desire for facial rejuvenation in the the first place. I assume you had a thorough discussion about the surgery with your surgeon and that a clear understanding of expectations was discussed.  

Defining successful facelift surgery.

+1

The success of facelfit surgery, or for any cosmetic procedure for that matter, can only be assessed using the following metrics:

• The preop status or appearance.
  • The goals one is trying to achieve, ie. expectations.
  • The exact procedure used.
  • The postop result.

Reading into your situation it would appear that there may have been some lack of understanding and common ground between you and your surgeon regarding expectations as to what the procedures you underwent were going to accomplish.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Results

+1

Our opinion of your results are not important. We were not involved in your pre-op discussions  and do not know what you expected to achieve. Having said that, the patient is the final ultimate judge. I think your questions are reasonable and I recommend that you share your thoughts with your surgeon.

Facelift

+1

To be honest, I don't think I would have offered you a neck lift or facelift based on your pre-op photos.  You have great neck contour.  It would be nice to see pre-op side views of your neck profile for comparison.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

No result after facelift

+1
It is very hard to disagree with what you see. We too see little change after your face and neck lift. You don't look poorly before or after, simply not a visible improvement which justifies disappointment.

A facelift is unsuccessful if the patient's reasonable expectations have not been met.

+1

The surgeon and the patient consult to establish the expectations from the procedure. If the surgeon feels he cannot deliver, the operation should not be done. In the end, it is only the opinion of the patient that matters.