Can U Get Fillers in Cheeks if U Have Cheek Implants is It Safe?

Fillers in Cheek after Cheek augmentation with Implants

+2

Cheek implants give good general fill to the midface area but may not completely correct the need for more volume. In these cases additional volume using injectable fillers is a great way to 'top off' the original cheek augmentation. I have seen not problems from doing this procedure and patients are typically quite gratified to get the additional volume with no down time and little risk. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Injectable Fillers and Cheek Implants

+2

Cheek implants are placed down on top of the bone. Fillers are placed in the soft tissues under the skin and above the bone. There is no concern with having injectable fillers placed in the cheeks when one has underlying cheek implants.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+2

Yes, we frequently place fillers in the cheeks to aesthetically shape them when Cheek Implants have been done elsewhere.  There's no reason to remove previously placed Cheek Implants if they are contributing some (but not all) of the ideal aesthetic size and shape to the cheek...and the patient does not mind having fillers (I prefer using Perlane) to the area about once a year or so.  

Fillers, to the Cheeks, are quite safe, in the presence of Cheek Implants as the filler is placed in the subcutaneous fat layer while the implants sit directly on top of the cheek bone at a much deeper layer.  

Fillers in Cheeks After Cheek Implants

+2

Thank you for your question. Yes, you may still have fillers layered in on top of your implants. Having implants never precludes you from having some type of filler. I do strongly recommend you go to an expert injector though.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Fillers in cheeks after cheek implants

+2

Yes you can have fillers placed into the cheeks after having had cheek augmentation with implants.  The implants are placed below all of the tissue on top of the bone, while the fillers are placed into the space which is above the implant but below the skin.  It is safe if performed correctly.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon