Scoliosis/chest wall asymmetry--7 days post-op--will chest wall/breasts look more even when left side drops? (photo)

I have scoliosis with sunken right chest wall and breast asymmetry. Previously had one saline implant on the right side to mask difference but it shrunk. PS just replaced with two silicone implants (left, 275cc, right 300cc). Asked for right implant to be much larger to bring that side of chest wall up but he decided on only 25cc difference during surgery. Insists will look more even when left side drops. The difference is much worse now than before. Will they get any better?

Scoliosis/chest wall asymmetry--7 days post-op--will chest wall/breasts look more even when left side drops?

+1

Very hard over internet to advise. But you need filling in left superior quadrant, maybe fat grafts or larger implant or both...

Breast Asymmetry and chest wall deformity

+1

You have some asymmetry. It is hard to tell if this will get better or not as you heal. 25cc is a very small difference. To put it is perspective, it is only 1 1/2 tablespoons - barely a visible difference. Discuss this with your surgeon but you may not have any other option but to wait it out and see how you do.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Postop Asymmetry

+1

Dear scolio: You do appear to have some noticeable asymmetry. It is possible that some of the asymmetry is caused by more swelling on one side but I doubt it. I don't think your symmetry is going to improve much on its own.

Wait a few months then return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Good luck!

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon